No announcement yet.

The most aesthetically pleasing cartridge size and shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JP Megadrive carts have stupid peeling stickers. So they're disqualified. The plastic on SFC and PAL SNES games can sometimes turn that vile yellow colour.

Umm.. HuCards win.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
      the pete sampras game for the megadrive which had the two joypad ports built in i thought that was so smart (wasent there a micro machines one to? )
      There were quite a few Codemasters games that featured the extra ports on the cart, the two you mentioned plus Skidmarks also, sure there were a couple more too.

Comment

Micro Machines
        Micro Machines 2
        Micro Machines 96
        Micro Machines Military
        Pete Sampras Tennis
        Sampras Tennis 96
        Super Skidmarks

Some of them were also released on standard carts.

Comment

I think the ' HuCard ' is gonna win!

Comment

GBA, I remember getting my first GBA game (Konami Krazy Racers for the record) and being shocked at how small the carts were - seems rediculous now, but I was!

And it is practical, as there nice and easy to store, and lose... maybe there not the best.

Comment

As much as I like AES carts, they aint pretty. My vote goes to Super Famicom cartridges, they always have the best labels.

Comment

I like GBA carts too. Japanese ones since they have laminated stickers.

Comment

Another Hu card vote - they still look futuristic even today (especially the 'massive' SFII lump) . Anyone got a pic of one cut open?

Second has to be the SFC second or even the blocky US carts - tough as old boots...

Comment

I love the 'finish' on HuCards. They kind of feel like they're made of porcelain, especially in this cold weather.

(fondles Galaga '88 HuCard...)

Comment

I personally, love the C64 cartridges. They had a nice set of ridges/bands and lovely curved edges..... drools. Quite compact too.

Nice

Comment

Just the Commodore own ones... if you want to see a whole gammut of different styles, then check the Cartridges scan section of my website
                        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

My fave cart is the humble, PAL SNES, that's what games should look like. CD's are ****.
                          And Baggie, be honest, did you have to spell check "aesthetically"?

Comment

It was always the JP megadrive carts for me, Along with the Red/blue look of the JP megadrive itself they always had an air of exotica about them compared to the mundane PAL MD and it's carts .

It's crazy how changing a bit of plastic from red to white, made the whole thing just seem cheaper somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmie2k View Post
                              And Baggie, be honest, did you have to spell check "aesthetically"?
                              I had a guess, but I'm still not sure if it's correct.

Comment

MVS carts are always good because you can open them up with a normal screwdriver, clean them etc. unfortunately this can lead to bootlegs.

Comment

Working...
                                X