No announcement yet.

The most aesthetically pleasing cartridge size and shape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one who likes N64 carts? They're just so study.

Comment

You do feel like you are getting your moneys worth with N64 they feel very heavy & solidly built.

As the years have gone on i have found i really like the DS for perfect cart size & shape. Like little gaming chips, the teeny tiny clear pokemon mini carts have been knocked to 2nd place for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
        Am I the only one who likes N64 carts? They're just so study.
        Yeah, I really like N64 carts, they feel weighty and sort of indestructible. I also like the design and construction of the N64.

Comment

You like the design of the Nintendo 64?

The carts are heavy and have a minor premium feel I'll agree with though. Super Famicom carts feel nice too, which is more than can be said for Mega Drive carts - PAL/NTSC-U ones at least.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
            You like the design of the Nintendo 64?
            Yeah, I think it looks nice. But I can see why the design might be seen as unattractive.

Super Famicom carts feel nice too, which is more than can be said for Mega Drive carts - PAL/NTSC-U ones at least.
            I really like the look of SFC carts. Japanese MD carts are really cool.

Now that I've been looking at the Famicom & its games, I really see how much nicer Famicom carts(and all their colours) are compared to Western NES carts.

Comment

I dunno, Famicom carts feel kinda cheap in a way, if that makes sense? Especially compared to how rigid an NES cartridge is. On the plus side, they're not a completely empty cartridge.

I still need to AV mod the Famicom I bought back in December. lol

Comment

I dunno, Famicom carts feel kinda cheap in a way, if that makes sense? Especially compared to how rigid an NES cartridge is. On the plus side, they're not a completely empty cartridge.
                I don't think I've ever got my hands on a Famicom cart, but from looking at pictures I get the impression they probably feel lightweight & quite cheap, but I like the art & coloured cartridges. NES carts being strong is a good point, but the dark grey colour is bland.

I still need to AV mod the Famicom I bought back in December. lol
                I'm buying either an AV Famicom or US Top Loader, is there any reason why the Famicom version is better?

Comment

Yes. The AV Famicom uses the Nintendo AV Multi Out present on the SNES, N64 and GameCube. It also has a redesigned circuit so that it has the least composite video noise.

I used to have an AV Fami, but I got the Fami mentioned above for a steal.

Comment

The AV Famicom uses the Nintendo AV Multi Out present on the SNES, N64 and GameCube. It also has a redesigned circuit so that it has the least composite video noise.
                    Does the AV Famicom or US Top Loader suffer from jail bars when modded for RGB? Also, I heard that games with enhanced sound chips don't sound right on the AV Famicom?

Comment

I like the form of the N64 too.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X