Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randombs View Post
    AWWWWWW

I agree. C'mon, guys! What happened to those renders of planes and stuff? I can't remember who was doing them.
    That was me, but I have to receive permission from my boss to post them :P Meanwhile, I'm giving my avatar a temporary facelift

Comment

RIP Noriyoshi Ohrai

I've mentioned in this thread before how much I love his work, but sadly artist Noriyoshi Ohrai passed away yesterday.

I've been following the Facebook posts made by his exhibition in Japan and some of his work is mind-blowingly detailed, but I'll always love his Godzilla posters the most. He had an excellent eye for composition and making his movie posters seem busy, yet structured.

Here are a few examples of his amazing work:

I don't want to flood the thread, but here are some more examples:
      kotaku.com/today-we-lost-a-great-japanese-illustrator-1738903632

Comment

Yeah, saw that yesterday. An incredible artist.

Comment

Here's a nice site for movie posters in general, but it's great for Noriyoshi Ohrai's work as there are close-up shots of various parts of a poster and there's so much to see in his designs:

I hope they release a book with a collection of his works.

Comment

I saw the goonies on Netflix last night. Brilliant film. That poster is tops, too.

Comment

2 new Artgerm (Stanley Lau) prints arrived yesterday from my friend in the states...

Chuffed to bits with they look fantastic in person.

Neil

Comment

Those reflections from the flash are almost spot-on censorship magical light spots

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                  Those reflections from the flash are almost spot-on censorship magical light spots
                  Lol it's not actually a flash but the ceiling light itself.
                  Took them late last night & couldn't get them positioned to get away from it

Neil

Comment

Comment

Super chuffed with these 2 pieces... "Steve Oliff Original Coloured Art for the English version of Akira"

The guides were printed at Katsuhiro Otomo studio and then sent to Steve,where he hand painted them. Otomo and Steve worked side-by-side to develop the scheme that would be used throughout the series.

Comment

Here's my latest batch of prints I picked up from LSCC last weekend

Elias Chatzoudis...

Mike Krome...

The 4 of those make up one big piece...

As you can see they don't really line up 100% but I think they look good together

Neil

Comment

Love Joe Simko's illustrations, discovered a series of fantastic trading cards that merge horror with cereal box parodies. In each set theres some black light chase cards, the artwork on them is so good. I wish more artists used black light inks.

Comment

These shadow box frames are a lot of fun.
                            3D retro video game shadow boxes and cartridge holders

Shop 3D retro video game shadow boxes and cartridge holders by GlitchArtwork located in Niagara Falls, New York.

Comment

They’re lovely!

Comment

I was contemplating trying making one until I saw the laser cutter in his making-of video!

Comment

Working...
                                X