No announcement yet.

The Artwork Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent job, Crocky. That looks superb.

Comment

Nowhere near the standard already set on here but here is something of mine

Comment

Looks ace, Fader.

Kind of reminds me of Bowser.

Comment

Ha ha, that's ace! I like the shading.

It reminds me of those monster finger puppets!

Comment

Crocky, you'd have an R-Type sale right here if you decide to go ahead with those.

Comment

Unless your wanted the personal experience of a con, a site like etsy would be a good fit for them Chocky.

Comment

Thanks much folks! Grand to get the nod from gamers on something like this. I'd forgot about Etsy and it'd be perfect for selling stuff in between cons.

Phar Wins!...It's the ship from Axelay: Axelay. Which looks different on practically every image I used for reference, so I went with a combo of the weapon select screen and the Japanese box art. Fun fact for you there.

I've an idea for a couple of R-Type pics Ikobo, I'll pop them up here when they're done. Looking forward to stuff like attempting bullet-hell patterns in card cutout...should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post

Ace stuff! Awesome to have another art poster Fader!

Comment

Thanks guys
                    QC - I guess I did grow up with lots of toys like that (Mini Boglins, Ghostbusters, Monsters in my Pocket etc) and of course playing games so when I draw up something from scratch it does tend to resemble something from the past lol.
                    Last edited by Fader209; 11-11-2011, 20:12.

Comment

Just been looking back a few pages.

Originally posted by Adam Stone View Post

The level of detail is incredible, Adam.

Comment

A couple of winter themed iPad doodles...

Last edited by Dogg Thang; 03-01-2012, 15:58.

Comment

You should make them into Bordersdown Christmas cards.

Comment

I love your drawings DT Amazing what you can produce with an iPad app and your artistic skills!
                            My girlfriend bought me a graphics tablet for Xmas so have been I have been trying out some simple digital painting. Used an old picture as a base and worked on the top to make a fluffy blob

Comment

Lovely colour on the fur - is that a 2D brush?

Comment

Yeah, bit of a dotty brush so when you drag it you get a fur effect. Opacity was fairly low and had 0% hardness* and built up the fur in separate layers. Along the outside edge I used a weak but sharp Smudge to drag out some fur and add to the fluffiness. Then used a 1px thickness normal white brush for the random white highlight hairs.
                                I need to work on how to get the eyes more realistic so that is my next project I have lined up! Really want to get into some detail with iris colours.

*hur hur.

Comment

Working...
                                X