Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your prized possesion rarest item in your eyes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
    Probably my MGS1 premium package. The one with the soundtrack and t shirt and stuff.
    Ah, was wondering where it was from, I actually found a minty copy of that soundtrack CD in a charity shop for 49p last year, that and Snoop's 'Doggystyle'.

Picked up a Prince CD today for the same price, 'Around The World In A Day'.

Anyway, a tangent vortex is forming, I shall step away...

Comment

I have all the rock band/guitar hero games for the 360. Not worth anything but I love these games so kept hold of them.
      I don't keep anything usually as I like others to enjoy them if I'm not playing them anymore.

Also my daughter would probably use anything expensive to blu tack them onto the fridge

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
        I have very little to update since posting in this thread years ago. Nice to be reminded of when we all bought JSR pachislos though. That led me to buy a Star Wars pachinko machine and that's pretty cool now.

I have decent Saturn and Dreamcast games: Panzer Dragoon Saga and the Shenmues and so on. Still got those VGM soundtracks and many of those are rare, although I have no idea if they held their value now with digital distribution (never tried to sell them). Got lots of little cool things kicking about in boxes like the Pokemon Mini and stuff like that but there aren't many things I honestly treasure.

Actually, maybe the things that come closest because I have kept them in their boxes until I get somewhere to display them all these years later are a set of Kotobukiya Final Fantasy X figures. Those are pretty great.
        Hahaha I'd completely forgotten about the craze for buying pachislots on here. Looking back over the posts is pretty funny.

I'm pretty jealous of some of the cool stuff you guys have one other thing that isn't rare but that I do really like is my Kazuma Kiryu Figma figure. He even has a cigarette you can put in his hand!

I also have a boxed black NegCon, which seems harder to find than the usual white version. It was Japan only and made to be a bit smaller than the regular NegCon. Not a tremendously useful item but it is pretty cool.

Comment

That thread where we all went for the pachislos is still here! I thought it was gone. Funny reading it now with my tiny house and two kids. No way I’d go for them now but I regret nothing!

Comment

Probably my boxed NTSC NES Challenge set and mint copy of Mario 3. Nothing rare but that version specifically is special to me being the one I had as a kid.

Comment

I’ve spent the last few months selling off all my rare and expensive games... all I’m left with is the SNK stuff which I’m having a hard time letting go of.

I have a complete UK NGPC set, so I’d say the five B&W titles and Pocket Reversi would be the most expensive. Although it means more to me as a complete set due to the mission I undertook to complete it. Trouble is the hardware; the stick is unique and it makes the system, but the screen is appalling. You just can’t get the same feeling emulating the system without the thumbstick. I’d love a replacement screen along the lines of McWill’s efforts for the GG and Lynx.

Out of my 30 home carts I’d say probably Rage of the Dragons, Garou and Breakers Revenge are the most obscenely expensive of the expensive. Last Blade 1 and 2 are my favourites though, best fighting games ever.

As as for the CDs, I know that they’ll rot eventually and it’s silly having them sat there. The NeoSD made them obsolete, but I do like having legit copies of Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Big Tournament Golf etc in lieu of the homecarts.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                I’ve spent the last few months selling off all my rare and expensive games... all I’m left with is the SNK stuff which I’m having a hard time letting go of.

I have a complete UK NGPC set, so I’d say the five B&W titles and Pocket Reversi would be the most expensive. Although it means more to me as a complete set due to the mission I undertook to complete it. Trouble is the hardware; the stick is unique and it makes the system, but the screen is appalling. You just can’t get the same feeling emulating the system without the thumbstick. I’d love a replacement screen along the lines of McWill’s efforts for the GG and Lynx.

Out of my 30 home carts I’d say probably Rage of the Dragons, Garou and Breakers Revenge are the most obscenely expensive of the expensive. Last Blade 1 and 2 are my favourites though, best fighting games ever.

As as for the CDs, I know that they’ll rot eventually and it’s silly having them sat there. The NeoSD made them obsolete, but I do like having legit copies of Pulstar, Twinkle Star Sprites, Big Tournament Golf etc in lieu of the homecarts.
                ^Tell me about CDs. I've got about 5000, been collecting since 1991, and I got *taste*, this is God's own pure, sweet music.

But I'm already noticing rot and warping in some DVDs, at least visually, the actual discs look like the silver's turning grey on my Sonny Chiba Streetfighter collection (I was shocked), God knows what's gonna happen to all my beautiful music and games and movies, it's been a ball n' chain for most my life and now it might become the ultimate mcguffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                  Some really funny early posts in this thread

So 11 years later, what are your rarest and most prized items chaps? I expect highlights from [MENTION=140]Super Monkey Balls[/MENTION] and [MENTION=39]importaku[/MENTION]

I'm torn between 3 items:

1. Miyamoto signed Yoshi's Island
                  2. Mushihimesama Matsuri 1.5 CAVE kit
                  3. Akai Katana Limited Edition Home CAVE kit

I still remember [MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION] getting me that mint copy of Yossy Island when we were still at college Just in time for a London signing event at Virgin Megastore (remember Virgin Megastore anyone? ). I was happy to meet the man and shake his hand. He was my hero after all. I still have it after all these years.

Mushihimesama Matsuri - I missed out on release. They were quite limited even back then. Financial circumstances had me sell my entire collection around the time it came out. I wanted it ever since. I hunted it down and asked/chased several collectors. This was before most CAVE games skyrocketed in value. I chased 1 chap in particular about it every few months. His answer was 'no' each time of course. I later learned that he did the same thing as me to get his game. On April 1st a few years ago, he emails me out of the blue asking me if I was still interested at my last offer (it was pretty high). I thought it was a cruel April fools joke, but he was serious - joy! I got the funds together and paid the man. He told me that he wanted to hand deliver it because of the game's value. I waited 2 weeks for his visit anxiously. When he finally came over to our house, it was hard to contain my happiness I learned that he only sold it because he was trying to raise funds for a very expensive Ghostbusters Pinball machine - he told me that he didn't buy it in the end, because it wasn't that great. He regrets selling the kit now.

Akai Katana Limited has a similar story to the Matsuri kit above. Only difference was that this was a lot harder to find. Apparently it had 2 print runs - the first run being in single digits. There hasn't been 1 on yahoo auctions as far as I know, so I had just about given up hope. After doing some lengthy owner detective work (and begging) I convinced a chap in Germany to sell/trade his copy. 1 loan, several PCBs and 1 plane ticket later, I finally owned the kit. The deal almost fell apart several times. In fact, if [MENTION=1524]Yakumo[/MENTION] hadn't posted me a PCB from Japan which this chap really wanted, it could have all gone south (thanks Mark!). This was the most emotionally and physically draining one out of the 3.

I still don't know which one to choose!
                  Bumping this thread:

Nothing has changed for me in 2/3 years, but here's a group shot:

Comment

A signed note to me on Sinclair Research letterhead, and signed photo of Sir Clive, thanking me for a letter I wrote.

Comment

Pics Pebble! *thwonk*

Comment

Originally posted by Zaki View Post
                        Pics Pebble! *thwonk*

All kneel before the most sacred of artifacts!

Comment

Comment

A none believer!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                              http://www.zen70509.zen.co.uk/sirclive.jpg

GOD Like

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                http://www.zen70509.zen.co.uk/sirclive.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X