No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is transferring my data from my ps3 to this potential new Japanese one as easy as it seems (Ethernet cable etc..). ???

Comment

Depending on how much data you have it'll take a fair amount of time. My 640GB transfer took 17 hours.

What is your reasoning for this JPN unit anyway? I'm guessing BC, but unless it's an early model you'll only be able to play JPN PS1 games on it.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm supposed to be handing mine to my step brother but want to keep MY data etc.. He can bloody well start afresh.

+ this Japanese one is supposed to be a limited edition- not sure which one, will check on Monday but it's piqued my interest!!

Comment

No Ltd Edition units have BC just so you know.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Turns out it is the Ninokuni limited edition- its a strange vanilla/gold colour. I like it!
            Its a 320gb- I've been searching online and it seems this is not a japanese model but from hong kong? Does this make any difference?

There's one on ebay in the UK on ?599.99!! Not going to tell my work colleague that- he wants ?190 for it with a couple of games.

Comment

It'll have a UK plug. It'll play NTSC-J PS1 games, Region 3 DVD and Region A Blu-ray. It wont be compatible with JoySound Dive. It's worth about ?100 less than a true JPN unit.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

JOe, why is it worth ?100 less? Is this not particularly good deal- the games aren't particularly new, resistance 2 and tiger woods 12

Comment

It will be worth a little less being HK rather than JPN (though not ?100), which would be more desirable/collectible - however that would only really matter for fully boxed/mint, this thing is probably only really worth 150 - 250 depending on condition and contents. No need to worry about it

I think your chance to bag an interesting PS3 is being belittled by collector jealousy

If you like the look of it, ?190 seems like a good deal for an unusual import ltd edition. If you can live without JoySound Dive (although... its possible things like Love Film could be region locked in the future).

It must be this one:

PlayStation3 Slim Console - Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou Magical Edition (HDD 320GB Model) - 220VCPU: Cell ProcessorGPU: RSX @550MHzSound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHzStorage: HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1USB ports: Front x 2 (USB2.0)Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g BluetoothBluetooth 2.0 (EDR)Controller: Bluetooth (up to 7), USB 2.0 (wired), Wi-Fi (PSP™), Network (over IP)Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080pHDMI outAnalog AV MULTI OUTDigital audio DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)Supports PlayStation3™ discs.Supports DVD Video and BD (Blu Ray Disc) VideoThe internal design architecture of the new PS3™ ...

Reckon the 2x HDD size makes it more useful, unless the DVD region is a problem:

PlayStation3 Slim Console - Ninokuni: Shiroki Seihai no Joou Magical Edition (HDD 160GB Model) - 110VCPU: Cell ProcessorGPU: RSX @550MHzSound: Dolby 5.1ch, DTS, LPCM, etc. (Cell-base processing)Memory: 256MB XDR Main RAM @3.2GHz, 256MB GDDR3 VRAM @700MHzStorage: HDD Detachable 2.5" HDD slot x 1USB ports: Front x 2 (USB2.0)Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T)Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g BluetoothBluetooth 2.0 (EDR)Controller: Bluetooth (up to 7), USB 2.0 (wired), Wi-Fi (PSP™), Network (over IP)Screen size: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080pHDMI outAnalog AV MULTI OUTDigital audio DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)Supports PlayStation3™ discs.Supports DVD Video and BD (Blu Ray Disc) VideoThe internal design architecture of the new PS3™ ...

Comment

Collector jealousy? LOL.

I frequent Hong Kong, the R3 Ni no Kuni Magical Edition PS3 can be bought for near ?100 less than the R2 version. Asian PS goods are always cheaper then their Japanese counterparts, consoles included. Nothing to do with desirability/collectibilty at all. Not that this should matter, but you asked for info on it, and that is what I provided.

?190 is a decentish price I'd say.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Don't know if this is the correct thread or not, but where's the best place to buy US PSN download codes from now, seeing as amazon.com seems to have packed it in?

Comment

Nice one chaps, will check the bank account, a purchase may be in order!

Comment

Just going back to the x/o thing.
                          Was wondering if I was playing pal version of god of war, for example, and it flashed up to press 'x' to finish some cyclops off would i need to press 'o' . this could prove very confusing.

If this is not the case then I acknowledge this is a stupid question.

Comment

It'll adjust accordingly. If it says O it'll be O.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                              Don't know if this is the correct thread or not, but where's the best place to buy US PSN download codes from now, seeing as amazon.com seems to have packed it in?
                              PSN Download codes? If you mean PSN cards I use Play Asia.

You meant these below right?

Last edited by JU!; 04-11-2012, 18:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X