No announcement yet.

NTSC-UK Import PlayStation 3 FAQ v2.0 [updated: 18/04/2007]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is it a definite that HK PS3's play Region A Blu-Ray disk's? (US/Japan) as a mate of mine is getting me one next week, and i like to build up a collection. Also is Resistance censored as is the case when running the game on a Japanese console?

Comment

I don't know if it is censored on a HK machine, but if it is you need the save file created on a US machine. I have it and Resistance works fine with blood etc. on my JPN machine.

The save file is here:

Comment

Are the HK consoles also region free like the US/Japanese machines?(with English and so on) I just want to make sure before i hand over the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Garny View Post
          Are the HK consoles also region free like the US/Japanese machines?(with English and so on) I just want to make sure before i hand over the money.
          Yeah.

They sound identical to Japanese machines tbh. People usually buy HK machines cause they're NTSC-J 220v, but they're all multivoltage anyway.

Comment

I'm looking to buy a wireless keyboard to use with the web browser but not really sure about the different wireless technologies. Can I use any wireless keyboard or do I need one that uses bluetooth (perhaps they all do?), or works at a certain frequency?

Sorry if this is a dumb question....

Comment

It's Bluetooth only if you need a direct connection to the PS3, unfortnately.

However, if you use a wireless keyboard with a USB dongle I'm 99% sure it will work. I don't have a wireless keyboard but I just tested my wireless mouse with USB dongle and it works perfectly
              The PS3 appears to have generic drivers for such devices built into it's firmware.

Edit: Tested in both the browser and the store.

Second edit: No right click function, I don't know if it's an issue with my mouse or if the PS3 browser dosn't have right click features.
              Last edited by Geezer; 30-12-2006, 08:50.

Comment

^thats handy as I have a spare MCE keyboard hanging about.

Comment

Was just trying to get my Apple BT keyboard paired with it,but can't find an option anywhere for a keyboard.

In Accessory Settings it has Register New BT device,which i select,but then it only has the BD remote,then headset,microphone.

Am i missing something?

EDIT - Seems you can't yet. Went on the official forum.
                  Last edited by Pavey; 30-12-2006, 08:21.

Comment

Thanks guys.

My wireless mouse (with usb dongle) works fine but it didn't recognise my wired ps2 keyboard (through a ps2-usb adapter). Might see if I can borrow a wireless keyboard and try it.

Noticed over on AV Forums that one of the guys is using this notebook style keyboard/ mouse combo on both the browser & Yellow Dog Linux:

Last edited by tom-nook; 30-12-2006, 11:07.

Comment

does any one know if there is a way to unlock the region setting on the ps3 it wont play ps2 games i got it from japan i was told there is a cd about that unlocks it but the guy isnt on ebay any more can you help [email protected] pleassssse

Comment

Originally posted by choiceltd View Post
                        does any one know if there is a way to unlock the region setting on the ps3 it wont play ps2 games i got it from japan i was told there is a cd about that unlocks it but the guy isnt on ebay any more can you help [email protected] pleassssse
                        Absolutely nothing right now.

Comment

the guy asking about the censor settings on a HK PS3 for Resistance. Simple answer: there aren't any. I own a HK system before anyone asks.

Comment

Kettle Plug

I've been a phantom NTSC-UK viewer for the past few months, trying to get information for when I import myself a PS3 - and now after a long wait my console should be here sometime this week...hopefully.

It's a bit of a basic question but it's about when you guys refer to the cable 'Kettle Plug'. What is it exactly? I'm not too sure but thought I would check first before doing anything crazy with the console - is that the same type of lead that came with my UK PS2 console, so I'd be able to connect that from my PS3 into the mains?

Cheers for any info

Comment

Software developer, engineer and fan of all things electronic

The PC your using probably has one Skilled. And your kettle.

Comment

Oh yeah, I see it now . I'll just go take the cable off the back of my old PC now, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X