No announcement yet.

How do you park yours ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the game, if it's one that doesn't require insane reactions then I'll lie on the bed with my top half nearest the t.v ( small t.v, see ), either sitting up or lying the other way when my arm starts to go numb through blood-loss.

If it's a game which requires quick reactions tho I'll prob sit leaning forward slightly on the bed, there's also quite a comfy leather chair in the room but I leave that for guests to use.

Comment

I sit on my inflatable mofo, staring intently at my 25" TV whilst getting sound pumped out in 5.1 glory from me denon receiver. In other words i sit on me arse an play games and me arse don't hurt too much.

Comment

Sat on the floor with my legs crossed - Always have done - Always will !

Even now I've got my own place with a couple of nice couches, I'll still end up on the floor. I always start out on the couches, but almost without realising it I'll end up on the floor legs crossed looking 10 again

Have any of you guys also noticed that the more intence a game gets the more you lean towards the TV, or is it just me ?

Comment

I drape my duvet over the back of my bed and have a sleeping bag folded in half over a PIU mat. The TV is on the floor (still need to buy some furniture for it but i'm poor). I just sit cross legged on the sleeping bag and lean against the back of the bed.
          Replace sleeping bag with pillows and thats me.

Comment

For some reason I have to sit directly in front of the tv, if I play at an angle then I play crap at games ft: I tested this yesterday by playing burnout on survival mode on the rush hour track, when sitting parallel to the tv I could do two laps with out crashing, when sitting at an angle to the tv I could only play for about 20 seconds with out crashing.

Comment

Uni:
              I have a wheely swivel chair at my desk which I move a bit to position myself in front of the tv (I brought a stand just for my tv and PS2). Lean back, legs on table/stand (table's off to the left so possibility of neck cramp), ahh beautiful. I sit/lie on my bed (directly behind where chair would be otherwise) for watching tv or dvds but games are just too difficult from range on a 14"

Home:
              Similar setup. Except tv is now on table and swilvel/wheely chair is much cheaper and less comfortable. Less action games (eg RPGs) means I can recede to the bed which, again, is right behind the chair.

Comment

I have all my consoles set up on a desk, the desk has 2 levels so my TV is elevated above my consoles. I sit in a blue office chair surrouded by 5.1 goodness. Got my bed right by the side of my desk so I can lean back with my feet on that if I want

Comment

I sit in a chair directly facing my 28" a few feet away so I get an optimal view.

There's a desk to the right, and that's where I tend to put any food or drinks.

When I'm playing a game I can't really be bothered to put the effort or focus on, then I tend to use the small TV just to the side of my bed, with me in it. Although this isn't really ideal for prolonged play.

For triple A titles that I've been looking forward to playing, then it's lights dimmed, upright sitting relatively near the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
                    Sat on the floor, about 2-3feet from the screen.
                    Same here. I could sit on the sofa, but that would put me too far away, and then there's the coffee table, so I end up sitting on the floor with the coffee table at my back. Not the greatest setup, but it works okay.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                      Better still is that there is no light glaring from any sun or artificial light and in the dark it is the perfect creepy atmosphere for playing games like Eternal Darkness and RE.
                      Lucky you. I get a real problem with glare from the sun at the front of the house which makes playing games first thing in the morning during summer a real pain ( especially on a lazy Sunday morning )

I end up having to pull the curtains shut and wedge them tight against the wall to stop any sun getting through

I think with some of these layouts, some of us will be making chiropracters / opticians pretty wealthy in years to come

Comment

I have one of those big executive leather office chairs, which is very nice for playing games since the armrests are just right for resting elbows, plus, it tilts back. If not that, I'm actually sitting in bed, leaning against the wall with a load of pillows stacked up. Both very comfortable, but I only have a ****e 14" tele in my room so I rarely use either of those methods.

For me, it's in the lounge with the huge tele, on our really comfortable couch with a huge footstool thingy. Honestly, gaming bliss. It's one which you can actually lean back against, built for comfort not for style. Ahhh.

Comment

i lie on my bed with my back against the woodern headboard with some pillows for comfort(works ok for 10mins them it's kills my back).

Comment

My PC and consoles sit smack bang next to each other so I use the chair for my PC desk when I'm playing console games. Its a crappy old chair that I had to nail a bit of wood to for seating when the thatch type padding tore through years back. Add a couple of coushins and tis a fine gaming seat

Otherwise, for long gaming sessions where falling asleep whilst playing is likely, the nearby bed and long extension cables do the trick

Comment

I share 1.2 pints Stance, Executive Chair Pimpage.

Although i do have to be fooking close to my tv whilst playing. Can't help but concentrate when you can feel the static on your nose!

Unless it's something like ICO or Zelda then it's feet up, full tilt back almost horizontal chilledness.

Comment

Front room, sofa's too far away from TV so like JR I have my back up against the coffee table. Also I am sitting on a saggy, worn out bean-bag, that is on the wrong side of being fullo-beans. Yep it needs a major refill, anyone know where I can get a nice giant (leather, if poss) stylee bean bag???? Or some more of the white polystyrene 'beans' to refill my current saggy effort.

Trok

Comment

Working...
                                X