No announcement yet.

42 All-Time Classics ( Nintendo DS )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah! Just got in, and figured I'd have a go online with this.

Except - someone else in the household has pilfered it. Along with my DS. Since they're all asleep, I can't find out who or where it has gone...

Thanks Nintendo.

---
    S0L
    ---

Comment

Still yet to go online with this (damn Argos Cable & Wireless dongle thing decided it doesn't want to connect anymore) but the game might as well be superglued into my DS at the moment for all the play it is getting.

Perfect for a quick throw away game of something be it solitaire or bowling or some card game.

Plus being able to play bowling in bed and ignore the missus makes me feel like Homer!

Comment

Perfect example of how to take simple games and make them fun any playable.

Nintendo have done great with this one. As some have pointed out the AI can be a bit strange at times, i am hoping this changes when i play on a harder difficulty setting.

what you have to remember here guys is

You get 42 games for an RRP of ?19.99 thats less then 50p a game.

I can't wait to try Poker, Ludo, and that liar card game with my mates and online.

I am also enjoying playing the computer (for now)

This is well worth the ?19.99 asking price, i have seen ?40 games with far less playability.
        Last edited by MartyG; 06-10-2006, 19:29. Reason: ? :)

Comment

I agree - the only game I've not really liked playing is the President card game - it's definitely good value. Shame there's not a free cell game, I often skive off work on that one

Has anyone actually sussed the dart game? I still find it completely random with the touch screen.

Comment

Brilliant game....although i never seem to be able to find anyone online! Im using the official usb dongle and its all connected ok....anyone got any ideas as to what i could be doing wrong?

Comment

Well as far as i know its not out in the US yet (i think) and there seams to be a shortage in the UK, i had to goto 3 shops to get a copy.

What game you wanting to play and i will arrange a meet.

Comment

If anyone wants an online game just let me know:

AllYourBase (Dazza) - 5068 8596 9941

You add me and I'll add you
                Last edited by AllYourBase; 12-10-2006, 17:28.

Comment

This game is ace. I bought it mainly for the girlfriend (she is taking an interest in the brain training and big brain games), but I have ended up playing it more than her. This is the perfect 'playing while watching telly' game!

Comment

Yeah,

However i have found issues with the AI, yes i am still on easy mode but the backgammon and chess and to a lesser extend poker/blackjack AI is quite bad. they make stupid moves.

I am enjoying some of the new games. The one based on Chess where you have to box in opponents pieces is great fun, and a game they have the AI spot on on.

Comment

Right, just ordered this, so expect a possible look online for people in a few days when it arrives
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Today was the first time the missus has ever shown any interest in the DS, the game to win her round, Solitaire - what an infuriating little game when you can't cheat like in real life!! She was playing for about an hour until she cracked it, I think she likes the DS now!

Comment

got this a few days ago and was initially a bit non-plussed with it, didn't grab me.

had a longer go last night and started to get drawn in, as has been said before perfect thing to play whilst the tv is on.

some of the 'pastimes' work better than others, I found darts and 10-pin bowling strangel compelling but couldn't get on at all with billiards.

got to be worth the sub ?20 price in most places and I'm planning to put some train time in on it this week as card games won't get disapproving 'you should know better at your age' looks from other commuters !

Comment

I've been out of the loop with the DS recently because my wife is never off it...it's off topic but I can't find anywhere online selling "42 all time classics"...is it JPN only?

EDIT: Think I found it..."Clubhouse games" right?
                            Last edited by Jebus; 09-10-2006, 18:15.

Comment

That's the US name. It's called 42 All Time Classics in Europe, though I hear they've underprinted it for the demand it's getting.
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've only had a few games of this but I'm already tentatively predicting this will be my bestest game for the DS, even better then AC. It's ridiculously good value for money, the online play is brill and its just incredibly well thought out.

A simply fantastic game.

Comment

Working...
                                X