No announcement yet.

US Wii: Preorder Details Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll put that there in case anyone is planning on using a redirect agent (eg myus.com ).

Comment

Cheers for this thread, Lyris. Hopefully I'll be able to get one from VG+, though NCS served me very well at the time of the Gamecube's US launch. Tronix don't seem to even offer hardware anymore do they?

Comment

i wouldnt use Gamestop for this

you WILL pay import duty

going to wait until Yes-asia have an announcement

Comment

I've been bummed in the gob every time i used Gamestop too.
          Will prolly go with VG+ or wait to see what YA are up too as there are usually the cheapest but unfortunately not the fastest, especially with American stuff.

Comment

I reckon VG+ will be waiting until 5/6pm US time to update their site when the majority of the yanks are home and online to order one! So maybe 10/11pm over here. Thats what I think anyway.

Good thread, I was gonna make one myself for it but couldnt be bothered!

Comment

Whoops. Its only US retailers, but might be useful to someone out there ^_^

Comment

What are VG+ playing at! Get the pre-orders up!

Comment

I just want to get this over and done with so i can relax

Comment

I reckon we'll be waiting until Monday now guys.

Comment

Tronix dont do hardware unless it is small portables so you cant pre order with them.

Comment

Originally posted by arcnas
                        Tronix dont do hardware unless it is small portables so you cant pre order with them.
                        That's a shame. It's still a great place to get your US games though. Fed ex isn't too expensive and you'll get your game in 3 days.

Comment

I asked Tronix and they said yeah... that's odd. I seem to remember people preordering PS2s with them in the past.

Perhaps Tronix will stock it only when it's a new item?

BTW - news from VideoGamesPlus:

Lyris Exclusive : NTSC-UK Update for My Peeps! Inbox

Hey David (Lyris)

I have been checking the post you set up regarding the Wii launch preorders and I thought I'd give you a little more heads up into the situation and answer some common (if not the millionth question) that i have been asked.

* First regarding preorders being up some games were turned on accidentally as we have been preparing the section so once we open it we can just flip everything on for the Wii-volution!
                          * No idea on what shipping costs will be as don't know how much it weighs, box size etc. (No idea on shipping yet but not as much as xb360 as the system looks to be a lot lighter.)
                          * Still figuring out how preorders will work and if there will be bundles or not.
                          * Preorders will not be up until sometime next week and we will probably give notice before so everyone can get ready, like a countdown or exact time.
                          * We will also be emailing a newsletter out and updating the blog with news so check the blog!

Hopefully this will help you guys relax a little this weekend and focus on the great games out now

Sidney
                          Customer Service Representative
                          VIDEOGAMESPLUS.CA
                          Last edited by Lyris; 16-09-2006, 13:37.

Comment

* Preorders will not be up until sometime next week and we will probably give notice before so everyone can get ready, like a countdown or exact time.

The sites going to peak

Thanks for all the info Lyris

Comment

Hopefully this will help you guys relax a little this weekend and focus on the great games out now
                              Damn right it will. I just relaxed and ordered Okami from them.

Comment

Christ, now I'm getting paranoid preorders will start while I'm at work!

Be glad when I've finally got it ordered.

Comment

Working...
                                X