No announcement yet.

Heroes, Another US TV show cracker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completely the opposite. I've watched the first two episodes of Heroes and found it cliche and naff compared to the excellence of BSG in terms of acting and direction.

Too much sheen and typical American model prettiness going on.

Comment

It reminds me of a more big budget Smallville from what I've seen (not that's necessarily a bad thing depending on your preference), coupled with the serialised spread which helped make Lost 'mysterious'.

Comment

Heh watched episode 5 for the 3rd time today and noticed that the diner where nathan lands and meets Hiro is called "Fly by Night", found that amusing

edit: does one have to be better than the other? I'm maddly addicted to both and love both, dont care about production values blah blah I just enjoy the story.
        Last edited by Orgun; 24-10-2006, 22:33.

Comment

Im loving this show now, ep5 was fantastic its really starting to get going now. The end of ep5 is the first time in a long time ive been dying to watch the next episode of a show right away.

Comment

Anyone noticed this symbol...

It's been in every single episode so far, numerous times apparently.
            I have generally spotted it....

In pendant form on the evil silent black guy he was holding it in the bar.
            On Nikkis back in tattoo form.
            In the swimming pool when the cop is standing next to it, hose pipe shaped.
            Peter drew it when he drew his wee stickmen picture in the top right corner.
            The artist guy has painted it numerious times, always catch it here and there in his studio paintings.

I will keep seeing it and looking out for it now, cool tease to something upncoming perhaps?
            I havent seen episode 5 yet, I will watch it tomorrow and be looking out for the symbol again

Comment

Okay. Episode three was a lot better in terms of pacing and direction.

Comment

The latest episode went up yesterday, another good un with some more scenes showing the heroes powers, i love the way this is done it just seems so realistic, I realise thats daft saying that about a show with dudes flying, bending time and painting the future when on smack but it just does

Comment

Originally posted by darksteve
                  Anyone noticed this symbol...

It's been in every single episode so far, numerous times apparently.
                  I have generally spotted it....

In pendant form on the evil silent black guy he was holding it in the bar.
                  On Nikkis back in tattoo form.
                  In the swimming pool when the cop is standing next to it, hose pipe shaped.
                  Peter drew it when he drew his wee stickmen picture in the top right corner.
                  The artist guy has painted it numerious times, always catch it here and there in his studio paintings.

I will keep seeing it and looking out for it now, cool tease to something upncoming perhaps?
                  I havent seen episode 5 yet, I will watch it tomorrow and be looking out for the symbol again
                  It was also

when the indian guy finds the USB key and watches the program go across, all the data flashing passed the screen, then suddenly that logo goes across. I'm guessing it is something to do with the DNA makeup.

Episode 5 was cool, like above I really canot wait for episode 6!

Some random thoughts...
                  Peter

is obviously the leader of the 'team', looks like he is going to have some use of every power. He started out as flying, but now drawing too. He did mention he could only fly when near his brother, and that he drew the stick figures (predicting the future) after meeting the artist - I guess he can mimick another power if he comes in contact with it?

His Brother

is an interesting one. I can see it either going down an X-Men politics route, or he becomes an evil character. He is morrally corrupt, no doubt

The lady

is also interesting. Not sure if she'll turn out to be evil or not. From the next episode name it looks like it'll be focusing on her more.

Great series so far

Comment

Alright this is growing on me. Particularly the Hiro/buddy segments. I still think the acting is naff in places (particularly the brother of the congressmen) and it's a little too polished in places, but the narrative is picking up.

Comment

Just watched the first 5 episodes, that logo is EVERYWHERE.

On The cheerleaders schoolbooks on the book on evolution on almost all of isaacs paintings

Comment

About the logo if you look carefully its on Future Hiros sword Hilt, its on a lot of the photo's that are pinned to the map as well.

Im still trying to figure out what part Uluru is going to play, http://www.9thwonders.com/gallery/uluru.php , been trying to figure out if thats Mr Bennett (HRG), Hiro or the Syler guy who's in the painting in eps 5, who is standing below Uluru.
                        The painting hasnt come up yet in the series i dont think but in one of the behind the scenes things on the nbc website, the guy who plays Isaac shows it and mentions how it will be important but he wont say why.

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun
                          About the logo if you look carefully its on Future Hiros sword Hilt, its on a lot of the photo's that are pinned to the map as well.

Im still trying to figure out what part Uluru is going to play, http://www.9thwonders.com/gallery/uluru.php , been trying to figure out if thats Mr Bennett (HRG), Hiro or the Syler guy who's in the painting in eps 5, who is standing below Uluru.
                          The painting hasnt come up yet in the series i dont think but in one of the behind the scenes things on the nbc website, the guy who plays Isaac shows it and mentions how it will be important but he wont say why.
                          It's a toss up between Hiro OR Mr Bennett as they both wear glasses, the dude in the painting is wearing glasses.
                          Anyone been reading the online comics on ABC website?
                          They are quite cool if a bit small, this episodes comic was a good wee read..
                          Saw the trailer for Episode 6 it's looking like a cool Nikki episode/story.
                          check it out if you dare...
                          Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Onwards Heroes EP6.
                          Save the cheerleader, Save the world.

Comment

God damn its looking good, been getting a wee bit bored by Lost as of late so this show as come at a really good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986
                              God damn its looking good, been getting a wee bit bored by Lost as of late so this show as come at a really good time.
                              Don't say your getting bored of lost you're not allowed to on this fourm
                              Its just so fresh to be actually LOOKING forward to a show, when episode 5 finished I wished I had Hiro powers to teleport to next week but I don't, so wait I will.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris
                                Just watched the first 5 episodes, that logo is EVERYWHERE.
                                Apparently it represents RNA:

RNA
                                Genetics. ribonucleic acid: any of a class of single-stranded molecules transcribed from DNA in the cell nucleus or in the mitochondrion or chloroplast, containing along the strand a linear sequence of nucleotide bases that is complementary to the DNA strand from which it is transcribed: the composition of the RNA molecule is identical with that of DNA except for the substitution of the sugar ribose for deoxyribose and the substitution of the nucleotide base uracil for thymine.
                                Compare messenger RNA, ribosomal RNA,

transfer RNA.

[Origin: 1945?50]

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1)
                                Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, ? Random House, Inc. 2006.
                                American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

RNA (?rn-

)
                                n. Ribonucleic acid; a polymeric constituent of all living cells and many viruses, consisting of a long, usually single-stranded chain of alternating phosphate and ribose units with the bases adenine, guanine, cytosine, and uracil bonded to the ribose. The structure and base sequence of RNA are determinants of protein synthesis and the transmission of genetic information.
                                Last edited by VR46; 26-10-2006, 17:36. Reason: was widest post ever

Comment

Working...
                                X