No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I spent about 160 hours on Burnout Paradise, co-op was amazing, I always remember it had target challenges so you could start up in 2 player and it had 50 challenges to do, someone would join and it would give you a fresh 50 challenges to do with 3 people, it did this all the way up to 7 player. Remember one challenge was jump off rail track all at the same time whilst boosting, everyone would line up, 3...2..1 LETS GO and all try and nail the jump, was really good fun as inevitably someone would **** it up and you would all shout at them or take flack yourself.

We all know Burnout had old traditional arcade lap races but just because they opened up the world map didn’t mean that the races were less high octane and chaotic, that’s what I always enjoyed about Burnout, it was fast and it was crazy.

I’m in two minds if I should rebuy/restart, I’ll probably buckle in the end.

On a side note really looking forward to Onrush over summer, looks like it could be fun, terrible name though.

Last edited by Family Fry; 21-02-2018, 11:57.

Comment

I think with those who didn't click with Burnout Paradise it's more they're ashamed to admit their love for Lavigne's Girlfriend track

Onrush looks alright, I'm curious if it fixes any of the frustrations of the Motorstorm series. It's a same Rushy abandoned us for Gaf/Era

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        I think with those who didn't click with Burnout Paradise it's more they're ashamed to admit their love for Lavigne's Girlfriend track
        Avril Lavigne is really good to her fans at her "Meet and Greets"...

Comment

i think the issue here is cost on psn its £35, where as id expect it to be nearer £30 like wipeout was, before launch the recent wipeout could be picked up for around £25 on preorder which makes it almost an impulse purchase.

is a few more highrez textures worth a £25 premium though as you can currently pick up this game on steam in its original format for a £10.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
            Avril Lavigne is really good to her fans at her "Meet and Greets"...
            https://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/a-ri...gne-meet-greet
            Isn't she not the real Lavigne? Supposedly an android or something like Paul McCartney?

Comment

Maybe she's only more involved when she's their girlfriend

To be fair, Riri is grossly inappropriate to her fanbase all the time... <insertpukeemoji>

Comment

Pre ordered on Xbox for £31.See how it looks on the X

Also £28-95 with The Game Collection.
                Last edited by BIG EDD; 21-02-2018, 19:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                  i think the issue here is cost on psn its £35, where as id expect it to be nearer £30 like wipeout was, before launch the recent wipeout could be picked up for around £25 on preorder which makes it almost an impulse purchase.
                  As a HUGE fan of this game, I'd gladly pay full price for the remaster. The online community was absolutely incredible for it, and besides Blur, is the most I've ever played a game online.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyJuggleDX View Post
                    As a HUGE fan of this game, I'd gladly pay full price for the remaster. The online community was absolutely incredible for it, and besides Blur, is the most I've ever played a game online.
                    A good friend of mine worked on Blur, it really is a hidden gem that should of gotten a lot more love as it was a fantastic racer, i will no doubt be picking up Burnout as id love a new main line version of the game so hopefully if a remaster dose well it will wake up EA TO THE FACT THAT WE REALLY SHOULD HAVE A NEW BURNOUT BY NOW!!!.

You have to ask why we have had umpteen need for speed games and no Burnout.
                    Last edited by Lebowski; 22-02-2018, 09:26.

Comment

Need for speed always outsold Burnout, it’s pretry easy to see why they went in that direction.
                      Hell they even got Criterion on NFS at one point, both Criterion NFS game were very much underrated.

Comment

*THUMP*

Sorry, I just fell off my chair.

"Burnout Paradise Remastered has no microtransactions, EA confirms"

Comment

“Put your pitch forks down”

How’s about you **** off?

Comment

Lol. Yep - not the best choice of words.

With a game like this, there's barely any service to support so there shouldn't be MTX anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
                              Need for speed always outsold Burnout, it’s pretry easy to see why they went in that direction.
                              Hell they even got Criterion on NFS at one point, both Criterion NFS game were very much underrated.
                              With these sort of games its always down to marketing push, its was EA's mainline franchise and it picks up the casual crowd thanks to the car mod and neon bling side of things, so it always got more of a push than burnout ever did.

Comment

Just means we'll have 2 pitchforks for their next mtx laden nightmare!

Comment

Working...
                                X