No announcement yet.

Burnout Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More fool EA when it comes to Burnout, utterly wasted both it and Criterion the second they bought them and now little is left of both just as NFS curls up and dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      More fool EA when it comes to Burnout, utterly wasted both it and Criterion the second they bought them and now little is left of both just as NFS curls up and dies.
      It's certainly not hitting the same level of sales as it did in its heyday, 7 million on the ps2 down to just over a million worldwide is quite a steep drop off though its been downhill since the ps2 days for them. PS3 and xbox versions never went above 2 million a game, and this gens version is down to under a million for the recent ps4, xbox one versions.

Comment

I think originally they thought the changing nature of the series was its usp but it just stopped it from excelling at anything as it never refined itself. Eventually they just became aimless and bad whereas Burnout always had a strong sense of direction and identity. The work in Paradise was incredibly strong for it's time and a sequel every three years or so would have made it a nice complimentary back up series instead of all these lost years making even a new Burnout a worrying prospect for what it's quality would be

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          “Put your pitch forks down”

How’s about you **** off?
          I'm astonished people support EA at all. **** EA. Same old story.

Comment

I wonder if you went back in time to EA around Mega Drive era and told them games like Road Rash, Desert Strike or John Madden would be better if you stripped them down to the Minimal Viable Product and monetised the rest, if the teams making them would run their hands with glee or sob at the loss of their vision.

Comment

Their games were always a bit crap though.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                Renderware was the real value of Criterion, but we did get a bunch of great stuff from Criterion post purchase. Like 3 or 4 more Burnout games and 2 really good NFS games.

Comment

Paradise is such an amazing game and on PC the old one still looks nice and can be had for a pound, seems a bit of a waste this.

Comment

I think they have me it on Pc for free.

Comment

Loved the series until I played Paradise. Far too easy to take a wrong turn in a race, and not at all fun actually setting up the races. I love Test Drive Unlimited and the Forza Horizon series, but Paradise was probably my biggest disappointment of the PS3 generation. Maybe they've solved some of those issues with patches, but I think I'll be skipping this.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        I'm astonished people support EA at all. **** EA. Same old story.
                        They yo-yo more than any other company. It's really quite something.

EA in the early days? People love them.
                        EA refuse to use Xbox Live because they can't "turn off" FIFA each year? People hate them.
                        EA make Mirror's Edge and Dead Space? People love them.
                        EA wives fiasco? People hate them.
                        EA get in King's face over Banner Saga? People love them.
                        EA (arguably) screws up Mass Effect 3/Dragon Age 2? People hate them.

... and that leads us up to present day with Battlefront II.

Just watch. People will love them again in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                          They yo-yo more than any other company. It's really quite something.

EA in the early days? People love them.
                          EA refuse to use Xbox Live because they can't "turn off" FIFA each year? People hate them.
                          EA make Mirror's Edge and Dead Space? People love them.
                          EA wives fiasco? People hate them.
                          EA get in King's face over Banner Saga? People love them.
                          EA (arguably) screws up Mass Effect 3/Dragon Age 2? People hate them.

... and that leads us up to present day with Battlefront II.

Just watch. People will love them again in 2019.
                          You left out the threat to stop supporting the Nintendo over the price of SNES Carts, not supporting the DC or worse still the NFL deal which and all because SEGA made the better NFL game and sold it at half the price too.

I get bored of the internet bashing of corps like EA mind you. They are a corp there to make money (and yes BIG business is ruthless) and imo they also make some very good games, not that they get any credit for it.

Comment

I loved Burnout Paradise. The multiplayer was such great fun. For £34.99 I'll no doubt cave and buy the remaster on release (despite having the BC version). In terms of remakes I'd like to see 1 and 2 remade with the same collision detection but upgraded graphics and four player online.

Comment

Don't like Paradise - the open world element bored me.

I'd have taken a 2 & 3 remaster double pack!

Comment

Put a few hours into the remastered version today. It's lovely. I replayed it a bit when the 360 version went backwards compatible recently but for some reason I'm finding this version much more enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X