• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not at all.

Comment

Ah well.

Comment

Never really got into Paradise. Played it for a day solid on PC some time ago but it never excited me like 3 did.

Comment

Got PS3 vers. for a squiddler last year. Also have 360 Ultimate Box w/ all the content.

Best version, boyoes of NTSC-UK????

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
            Got PS3 vers. for a squiddler last year. Also have 360 Ultimate Box w/ all the content.

Whichever version you don't need to pay £50 for a re-release I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post

According to Eurogamer, they're nigh-on identical. 360 would probably be better then, as you've got more shizzle to play with.

After the unstoppable surge of cross-platform releases at the tail end of 2007, the frantic pace of game releases has t…

Comment

Looking again at this today, the visual upgrade is disappointing. I still might get it if I can get a deal on it, but it's hardly SotC (which retails for the same price).

Comment

Only reason I would buy this version (even though I have the full 360 version backwards compatible) is that this game is pretty boring solo compared to playing online multiplayer and the community is dead for the old versions.

I loved the game back in the day but yeah... Needs players to really shine.

Comment

I want it but I might wait till the PC edition, I know people love 3 (do not get the love for Revenge at all) but Paradise is probably still my fave racer since it came out compared to what's followed. As soon as the patches and initial DLC sorted it was pure aces.

Comment

I lost interest in the series after Takedown, which was more like American Football in cars than racing, but Burnout 2 balances the risk/reward of filling the Burnout meter to perfection.
                      So tense driving into traffic to get that little extra boost.

Never played Paradise, but it sends a good signal to the developers to make a new game if the remake is popular and it makes me think of this:

Comment

I hated paradise. Open world racing seems boring to me. Burnout 2/3 were perfect to me, distilled to the core experience- making it open world just added the nonsense of driving around in between races. Never really understood the love for it.

Comment

Glad other people are echoing my thoughts here, thought I might have been in the minority. People on the Bombcast act like this game was game of the generation... which I really can't agree with.

Comment

Would much prefer a remaster of 3; Burnout Paradise for me is the point I checked out. Burnout shouldn't be open world and really needs a fast restart function.

Comment

Burnout Revenge was where I stopped, it wasn’t really enough change for me to warrant a sequel- although sadly for me that’s precisely what caused Paradise to form.

Comment

You could argue Burnout Paradise was the arcade racer of the generation, especially as the other Burnouts came out the previous generation

The first I played Paradise I didn't like it, it was certainly very flawed but Criterion ironed out pretty much every common complaint that persists with the game. From a racing perspective the open world element was by the by as races took place in a way that wasn't really any different than beforehand. It would have been nice if they'd have made a fast travel element as the exploration aspect was strong enough that it wouldn't have had an impact for completionists and from an online community aspect Paradise remains a stand out experience of that era which also contributes to its legacy. The DLC programme was amazing too, it's a shame they never finished the final piece and haven't done so for this edition either which would have introduced planes.

If only for a remaster of BR2 or 3 this deserves to do well but overall I really hope it does so that this series can be revived instead of the wreck that is NFS

Comment

Working...
                                X