Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nightz View Post
    Yes but you're only 15 months in. Relationships usually start off well. Let's see if she's still your soul-mate in 15 years.
    What kind of attitude is that, you bleedin' misery?

I've just been to visit my wife's grandparents, who've just celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary!

Comment

Good to see everyone a little happier in this thread right now! I'm still working on it

Anyone who wants some more of the bad stuff:

My one set of Grandparents celebrated their 50th anniversary, my grandmother died of a braintumour four months later.
      My other set of Grandparents celebrated their 60th, my grandfather died a few months after that.
      My parents have been divorced longer than they were married.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        What kind of attitude is that, you bleedin' misery?

I've just been to visit my wife's grandparents, who've just celebrated their 62nd wedding anniversary!
        The common sense kind of attitude? Your grandparents have been married 62 years, great. How many divorcees do you know?
        Last edited by NW2013; 22-02-2012, 16:49.

Comment

I have good news!
          I asked my Girlfriend to marry me on Thursday, she said yes! It was in a cable car in Madeira. We both kind of knew it was on the cards so it wasn't such a big shock. She's already pointed out a ring she liked and I bought it on the sly.
          No date or anything set, doubt it will be this year with money and all.

I feel suprisingly calm about it all. Maybe thats how its meant to be.

Comment

You go into any relationship with an attitude like that though and it's doomed. People get hurt its life noone can predict any future, I for one would be lucky to even be alive in 15yrs with my heart. Some peeps also don't want to be single so bounce into relationships all the time. Life is a risk and so are relationships if u don't try u don't get. I went into marriage eyes wide open with commitment or I wouldn't have got married, I'm a catholic so is my wife and for us mortal sin to divorce. As I said amount we went thru only the toughest relationships would survive. We love each other, we are exactly the same with hobbies, life, values, we finish each others sentences and were lucky to have found each other as soul mates. We're not just man an wife were best friends. Rare but it does happen :-)

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
              I have good news!
              I asked my Girlfriend to marry me on Thursday, she said yes! It was in a cable car in Madeira. We both kind of knew it was on the cards so it wasn't such a big shock. She's already pointed out a ring she liked and I bought it on the sly.
              No date or anything set, doubt it will be this year with money and all.

I feel suprisingly calm about it all. Maybe thats how its meant to be.
              Congrats bud, greatest day of my life until having our first child became the greatest day. Enjoy it all

Comment

Congrats buddy :-) I was calm when I proposed, wife was gigging singing in front of 150 people that all knew her on new years eve 2010 and did it in front of everyone after the third encore! Same with wedding day, we both have said neither had nerves just excited. You can be yourself around the one, no pretence and no awkward times. I pinch myself every morning, beautiful, funny intelligent lass and I'm very lucky, but she says same about me :-)

Comment

If u have to make an effort and feel uncomfortable there not the right one, never ever change for someone either, be yourself and if someone wants u to change then they don't want u for u.
                  Genuinely nice to read this. Most relationships have left me feeling that I'm not "normal" or "acceptable" enough to have one. And the games that most people play make it feel like you have to trick someone into liking you.

Comment

So much love in this thread! I know I said the same thing yesterday but it's true!
                    It's nice that I can bask in the warmth of others and their loves. Makes a change from the Thread of Doom and Heartbreak that it usually tends towards.

Comment

Hey everyone, I know back in Feb I tried posting something and Charles said that my photo was too large to show..............

What the photo entailed was myself and Spooky, another forum member who some of you may remember. Basically after getting to know each other on here in Jan of last year we started seeing each other and have now happily got our own little place together a few weeks back.

Without the forum we wouldn't have met and eventhough there were negative times that brought us here and away from here we are very happy to be together and wouldn't be apart

I must say he is my best friend, my soulmate and my partner in crime and I love him dearly. So thank you ntsc-uk (bordersdown) for bringing us together

Last edited by dazzling_bubble; 24-03-2012, 09:16. Reason: Finally got a photo up lol!

Comment

Congrats Bubble and spooky !!.

Be sure to invite forum members to your wedding, do mods get VIP treatement per chance ...?

Comment

That's fantastic news, congratulations! You're going to have to hire a big wedding venue to fit us all in!

It's nice to see you posting again, Missy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robster View Post
                            Congrats Bubble and spooky !!.

Be sure to invite forum members to your wedding, do mods get VIP treatement per chance ...?

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            That's fantastic news, congratulations! You're going to have to hire a big wedding venue to fit us all in!

It's nice to see you posting again, Missy.
                            Thank you both its a weird experience to be back, its surprising how much can change in a year!

p.s. I don't think I'll let Spooky read about the wedding......oh there goes a Spooky shaped hole in the door........lol

Comment

That is bloody fantastic news for both of you. Lovely to see this site bringing ppl together. Glad to see Spooky has got himself a nice bit of well deserved luck. All the best to you both, & tell Mr Spooky I said hiya

Comment

And don't forget you both have to pay the BordersDating fee now as Charles matched you up!

'Grats!

Comment

Working...
                                X