Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Relationship Thread-Good, Bad or Indifferent.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kit View Post
    I can not do the asshole thing it seems.
    Give it time brother! Give it time!

.....What happened to the mormon btw?

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
      So at the moment I too have the friendzone blues. I feel a little bit sick. How is it possible that this consistently happens?

It seems that the outcomes are 1: stay friends and feel hurt when she finds some other guy, 2: stay friends but gradually realise she's not all that or 3: cut and run (which I don't want to do because I like her too much). It's just like a sick joke now.

What saddens me most is that, after spending the best part of a week with this lady and getting on like (a house on fire / sliced bread / whatever, you get it), I'm having to face up to the fact that it's just going to follow the exact same path as usual: infatuation, rejection, disappointment, friends, then a slow drift apart.

It's still hot and cold. There are times where I think, "Maybe there IS a chance?". Even if a relationship wouldn't be a good idea, it'd at least be nice to have that opportunity. Do women seriously just randomly text you out the blue and suggest meeting up half of the days in a week and text you to say good night if they want to be just friends? Is there something I'm not doing? How do I change my situation?
      Originally posted by nakamura View Post
      I want to highlight a fabled thing in dating called 'The Friend Zone'. What a brilliant little creation this is and a superbly polite way of saying to someone 'I like you but simply don't find you attractive'.
      There is no such thing as the friend zone and no such thing as someone not wanting to go out with another person. If they liked that person enough, they would damn well take the risk.

Simple really. Tell her you like her too much and if there is no chance of more you want to move on. If she says no, move on, feel sad but try again one day. If she says yes then game on.

You have nothing to lose.

Comment

Working...
      X