No announcement yet.

Shutokou Battle X/Import Tuner Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope so, like you say, some of the cars just aren't going to be used. Looks like Genki have done the usual improving certain parts and messing with others that should have been left alone with this game. Of course it wouldn't be Shutoku Battle if they hadn't .

Comment

From Gamespot

[UPDATE] Ubisoft has confirmed that the game will not be a straight port of Genki's Shutokou Battle X, but will rather be a unique product for the North American and European markets. However, it will look awfully familiar to the Japanese racer, as both are being built from the same engine.

Anyone know whats happening then? More cars? More tracks?

Might have to wait til October to find out I guess.

Comment

less pop-up would be nice

Comment

Even if the car list is short, do the customisation options make up for it?

Comment

Almost since you can modify nearly everything. You can even buy an air freshener to hang from the rear view mirror

Comment

Good good!

I'm an RX-7 whore. I even like the RX-8 and the Fairlady Z. Even if there were more cars, i'd probably just stick with using them anyway.

Can't. Bloody. WAIT.

I think a fully tuned pink Fairlady will do me.

Comment

Oh my, this looks a bit bad, like PSOne bad. =/

Comment

...It doesn't look THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IanE
                    Oh my, this looks a bit bad, like PSOne bad. =/
                    If this is PS1 standard, the PS2 versions must have been like 32X games :P Dreamcast Shutokou Battle 2 looked better than the PS2 versions imo though. I'm assuming this will look better than the DC version, and tbh thats more than enough for me ^_^

Comment

Yeah it looks just as good if not better than rr6 imho. The car models arent the best but the highways look decent and it has a good sense of speed.

Comment

the lighting effects make this game

Comment

IS the delay due to added work for European market. Do you think they will add European cars in it ? But would you like to race a Lamborghini in Toyko ?

Comment

Ubisoft have aparently confirmed adding some stuff. There was mention of it being created using the same engine, so I imagine whatever is added won't look out of place.

I heard Ubi named the game Import Tuner Challenge to associate the game with the US car magazine "Import Tuner". I imagine they wouldn't dare add western cars, my guess is they may add a couple more Japanese cars into the mix.

As far as I can see, there is no asian release from Genki currently planned for this, so I guess Ubisoft will release it there too
                            Last edited by Geezer; 17-08-2006, 16:04.

Comment

Not played much of this upto now - liking what i see, and though the brake seems a bit drift-happy (very sensitive) I can see this one being a grower .... however, is it my imagination or have they made the width of the highway narrower? I am sure it felt much wider in the ps2 versions

Comment

This does get alot better, the car handles alot different when you start to upgrade it more. Im enjoying it more now and it has more playtime than dr atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X