Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proper gutted!

Comment

Bloody hell, you weren't joking about pop up. There's been a few times when I've driven from Shibuya towards the C1 loop and the road doesn't load until your actually on it, usually your car looks like it's floating in mid air for a second, then the road pops in. Not unusual for a SB game tbh tho, remember having similar probs with 01 and 2 on the PS2 and DC.

Apart from that tho, really loving the game, aside from a mammoth sesh on Bankshot Billiards I haven't touched another 360 game since I got this, and I've been on it alot. Is it just me, or are there fewer cars to buy this time round?

Can someone fill me in on all the games in the series as well, ten? I only know of 7.

Comment

it was on the snes and saturn i believe

Comment

Snes?? geez it goes waaaay back. Mind if it's anything like the Saturn version(SB97), it's not worth bothering with .

Have you got the game yet? I'm 47% thru and theres only 10 cars to buy (not including boss cars). Are there any more or is that it?

The new Blood Hound car is soooo funky tho .

Comment

im about 65% through, not many cars

Comment

alot of handy info on this exelent series here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shutokou_Battle_series

Comment

So did the new highways that were introduced in 01 feature in X? Or are we back to just the Tokyo highway again?

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                  So did the new highways that were introduced in 01 feature in X? Or are we back to just the Tokyo highway again?
                  It's been a while, so which ones were they? There's only about 8 available in Time-Attack mode and some of those are just you going in the opposite direction.

Originally posted by Greg Moss
                  There's been a few times when I've driven from Shibuya towards the C1 loop and the road doesn't load until your actually on it, usually your car looks like it's floating in mid air for a second, then the road pops in.
                  Shocking ain't it?! I thought it might have been a one-off because my 360 had been on for hours but it happens way too often for that to be the case.

I have 18 normal and 16 custom cars available to buy (91% completed).

Which cars are you guys using btw? I've got my R32 Skyline maxed-out, so I've just bought an Evo 9 and fitted all the Ralliart bits to make it look like an FQ-400

Comment

They were other cities, such as Osaka, not just additions to the main tokyo highway.

Comment

Sounds like they aren't in it then. All the highways in this game are connected together.

Comment

Awww I've raced those tokyo highways to death, I liked having some new asphalt to burn rubber on.

Comment

Are they planning to add any new cars to the lineup via downloads? I was a bit dissapointed when I heard its only got 20 base cars and my favourite car to use isn't in this ones roster now.

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeyWrench
                            Awww I've raced those tokyo highways to death, I liked having some new asphalt to burn rubber on.
                            I know what you mean, the new courses in 01 were a good addition. They've added new routes to Shibuya and Shinjuku, there cool, the speeds you can get up to coming back to the loop from Shibuya are insane, but they aren't very long. Wasn't one of the new tracks in 01 just a square? It's been a while, but at least the 2 new bits are more interesting than that.

Originally posted by Kubrick
                            Shocking ain't it?! I thought it might have been a one-off because my 360 had been on for hours but it happens way too often for that to be the case.
                            Have you had cars pop up in front of you yet tho? Happened twice to me now, first time didn't matter, was just driving. Second time, mid race, smashed right into the back of an invisible thing, and watched my opponent fly past me, didn't realize until I saw the tag above that it was another car.

I have 18 normal and 16 custom cars available to buy (91% completed).

Which cars are you guys using btw? I've got my R32 Skyline maxed-out, so I've just bought an Evo 9 and fitted all the Ralliart bits to make it look like an FQ-400
                            Looks like thats it then, there's room for 50 cars in the garage, so I was hoping most of them would be modable, looking unlikely.

I'm using a Fairlady Z, girly name, so I've stuck 2 HUGE manly flames with swords down the sides to compensate . Currently using mostly lvl 5 gear, but I'm only halfway thru yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Moss
                              I know what you mean, the new courses in 01 were a good addition. They've added new routes to Shibuya and Shinjuku, there cool, the speeds you can get up to coming back to the loop from Shibuya are insane, but they aren't very long. Wasn't one of the new tracks in 01 just a square? It's been a while, but at least the 2 new bits are more interesting than that.
                              Yeah pretty much, it was a little bit more windy than it look on the map, but the others were definitely better. Can't remember which one it was but there was a vicious spiralling slip road that always just to catch me out.

Comment

Definitely a poor line-up of normal cars. There's no Hondas for a start, plus quite a few of them are big heavy executive cars that no-one will use.

Hopefully, there will be more via download...

Comment

Working...
                                X