Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice bump!

I recently went back to this and I worked my way through a few more achievements and all I have left is the 5/7 day survivor and transmissionary ones.

I swear I heard every damn message Otis called with, but at one point when he called and I was defending yourself from a mall full of zombies, I got hit twice and after the first "Don't cut me off like that, it's rude" he never finished the call!

I'm not playing it through again though, I'll stick to mashing up zombies...

How ace will it be to taking out the undead co-operatively in the sequel?

The concept of Dead Rising was one of the games that sold me a 360.

Comment

I know Otis is an important part of the game, but I wish there was a way to switch the phone off. He get's annoying when I'm just mucking around and have no interest in quests.

Comment

Yeah I'm late to the party as usual.

An amazing game so far. Some of the stuff in this is absolutely mental. Cannot believe this came out in what 06, 07? Yeah the graphics look dated, but that's not to say they're bad. On the contrary, they're perfect for the game. I cannot believe they managed to fit so much on the screen.

A few niggles, the AI on the peeps you need to save is atrocious. I end up having to spam the Y button to keep them moving. Some of the missions where you have multiple followers seem impossible to me. I've given up trying to save most of them on my first playthrough, am concentrating on getting the main cases done. Will try to rescue more peeps on the next couple of playthroughs.

Ditto with exploring, there's not enough time to wander around and discover stuff - again will do that on another playthrough.

Some highlights for me so far, Kent the photographer, the sheer scale of the shopping centre, the small chainsaw, dressing Frank in womens clothes - farking hilarious!!!!

Final downer, man this is a HARD game. Very unforgiving at times. I've given up trying to get a "perfect playthrough" and since I did that and levelled up a bit, it's slightly easier and WAAAY less frustrating. I reckon I restarted 4 or 5 times so I could start as a level 7 or 8 character. The "cloud" saving is also a bit of a cheat so you can have 2 saves instead of one (not that I'm complaining!).

Am having an absolute blast playing this at the moment - am sure it will keep on giving as well.

Comment

I wouldnt even attempt going for the main story until you are at least lv 25, I love DR made me buy a 360

Comment

Originally posted by evilthecatuk View Post
            I wouldnt even attempt going for the main story until you are at least lv 25, I love DR made me buy a 360
            The main story isn't hard though, it's actually the main story I would recommend play through first, ignore all the psychopaths that you can on the first trek through the game as they are too hard, just stick to the story.

Having said that I didn't think this was difficulty at all in comparison to the second game, which had ridculous boss fights.

Comment

But that's part I the fun on the main story being able to disembowel the ******* ******** later on and kicking the **** out of the psychopaths in the car not to mention going for frank the pimp!

Comment

Even after all this time Dead Rising is still one of my favorite games of this generation, and I don't even play it 'properly'! It always feels good to throw it on for a while and just cause some zombie carnage.

Comment

Thread necro!

Was watching the Game Grumps playthough video of this, and it reminded me of something I'd forgotten.

For some reason, I've always felt that Dead Rising "feels", visually, like a high-spec Dreamcast game. Something about it, but I've never been able to work out what it is! Does anyone else feel this way?

I can't really even express what it is. There's just a certain quality to the visuals and the characters.

Comment

The strong colours and crisp look could contribute to that. I always felt DC games were more vibrant and Dead Rising has that.

Comment

I guess it was a Japanese game and was generally flat shaded, in an age of bump mapping and shiny shader effects. I'm sure they had to scale back on certain things to allow for the number of zombies

Comment

Where's the cheapest place to pick up a key or something? ?20 is a bit steep for a trip down memory lane almost ten years on, especially when I bet this could be picked up in CEX for something like 20p.

Comment

Showing brand new on GAME for ?12.28 but I got this preowned instore for ?7.99 a few weeks back:

Comment

Unfortunately I can only get digital games now because my disc drive is dead.

Comment

Working...
                            X