Chrome Hounds - This is WAR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrome Hounds - This is WAR.

Now they've sorted it figured it was time for us to migrate here and let the n00bs use first play to discuss single player ****

let t3h stomping commence!

post up roles types and lets see if we can get some balanced squads on the go...

soldier here reporting for duty

Comment

I'm a kinda HG of sorts at present but it was my first draft hound - like Gib I've opted for a half day today to get right in about this !!!

Can't wait

Comment

kind of HG/SL hybrid at the minute but thinking of more HG/SN... with some mini guns..just love that whirl

Comment

ive got i think its a soldier? its got the standard legs, its also got 4 miniguns, 2 rifles and a dodgy bomb thrower thing

Comment

it will show in the circular thing in assembly which RT your hound leans toward

i'm working towards a fast moving soldier that can hold it's own in a fight and get to where ever it's needed when the commander starts barking orders

Comment

My only Hound right now (King Geedorah) is a Sniper/Soldier combo. 4 sniper rifles for the long-range stuff (2 heavy, 2 light). 4 machine guns (2 light, 2 heavy) for close-range combat. All my stuff is built from the offline parts as it?s a bit of a pain to compare what stuff in the shop is better than what I already have. My speed is about 143 I think.

I might build a heavy mech next as I always thought I was pretty good with the heavy armour and mortars in Tribes, real shame there?s no laser range-finder, I hope they release something like that.

Comment

My best roles are soldier, scout and defender role. I'm not convinced that scout roles are that important in the cities, unless it is for laying or detecting mines.

I tend to prefer slower soilders with four WAR1 rifles for middle range power attacks and then get in close with my four spikes for heavy melee damage.

I think for the city missions (which is what we'll be playing to take back the capital) I think we need a good mix of fast and slower soldiers, a strong defender and a great commander (Silvergun).

Heavy gunner could be an excellent role, but it's very difficult to use.

Comment

BTW guys, you know that chap Flicked who tried to join us last night? He's actually on my friends list and I forgot. Whooooooops! .

Anyone mind if he joins us? He's a decent chap and doesn't know anyone else with the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                    BTW guys, you know that chap Flicked who tried to join us last night? He's actually on my friends list and I forgot. Whooooooops! .

Anyone mind if he joins us? He's a decent chap and doesn't know anyone else with the game.
                    course not. The squads starting to look very healthy

as for the scouts... thats exactly what I was thinking.. rush to a com , lay mines around it and then run and gun the enemy hq..keep them on the back foot a bit

Comment

My current hound has soldier stats (as is expected when just starting out I guess). But I'm willing to take any role really.

Comment

Can someone point me to an automatic gun with lots of ammo? I was good for a single enemy last night, after that I'd be out of ammo.

Comment

Hmmm there is one that specifically says it has a large ammo capacity for longer battles, i'll check its name and let ya know.

Comment

i have this bad boy now, going through SP to get a feel. be online in no time !!

what is the name of our group btw?

Comment

Was checking the forums at work. We lost the capital again?!

Tactical Commander coming through.

Comment

Working...
                              X