No announcement yet.

2006 Fifa World Cup (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have any of you unlocked the "beat Germany" achievement? I just won the world cup, beating Germany in the final, but it only unlocked the "win WC" achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyDA
      Have any of you unlocked the "beat Germany" achievement? I just won the world cup, beating Germany in the final, but it only unlocked the "win WC" achievement.
      Yeah, just play a normal match against them. Set it to Amatuer and you'll win with ease.

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
        i played this for around 6 hours yesterday, then moved onto WE10, and the gulf between the games is wider than ever imo.
        As in WE10 is better? (I should hope so)

Comment

WE10 is not just better - its much much better.

I would compare the gameplay of this fifa game to a WE from the start of this gen (maybe WE5 or WE6) - its good but just not quite there yet.

If they can get the passing sorted out, and improve on removing the sweet spots, then the next version could be one to look out for (thats if WE doesnt improve in the mean time - i for one cant wait for Pro Evo 360)

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
            WE10 is not just better - its much much better.

I would compare the gameplay of this fifa game to a WE from the start of this gen (maybe WE5 or WE6) - its good but just not quite there yet.

If they can get the passing sorted out, and improve on removing the sweet spots, then the next version could be one to look out for (thats if WE doesnt improve in the mean time - i for one cant wait for Pro Evo 360)
            The passing in this game is bizarre...sometimes exsquisite (sp?) and other times so bad its funny. It's also very hard to get the ball back at times with the computer AI (even with ****e teams) literally running round in circles! But then, it isn't that easy in real life so why should it be in a game.

Comment

Ive played this game for a while now - and whilst it looks and sounds the biz, I prefer WE10 by miles....

Comment

Is anyone else having the options constantly change at random? I set the controls to PES in the main menu and played a scenario, which turned out to be on amateur for some reason. I went back to the main menu, did another scenario, and my controls had reverted back to FIFA and the difficulty had gone up too, without me changing anything

Comment

had that happen to me a few times - just put it down to EA's quality control

Comment

Just picked this up and loving it so far. Not really one for footy games usually but I'm enjoying this one (I hope thats not a bad thing for you Evo die-hards!!!).
                    One thing that did get my goat from the bat though was that my first match was England (of course) vs Austria, and both of us were playing in red tops, white shorts. I couldn't tell who was on my team so didn't have a clue who to pass to! Couldn't see any way of swapping my kit mid-game so I struggled with that match My next match was England vs Poland, so I was expecting the same, fortunately we didn't clash!

Oh yeah, one other thing thats bothering me is how many times its asked me to save the game, am I sure etc... YES GOD DAMN IT YES!

Other than that I really am enjoying it hehe

Comment

Originally posted by debug77
                      One thing that did get my goat from the bat though was that my first match was England (of course) vs Austria, and both of us were playing in red tops, white shorts. I couldn't tell who was on my team so didn't have a clue who to pass to! Couldn't see any way of swapping my kit mid-game so I struggled with that match My next match was England vs Poland, so I was expecting the same, fortunately we didn't clash!
                      before the start of each match you can choose what kit each team play in

Comment

Originally posted by losimagic
                        before the start of each match you can choose what kit each team play in
                        True but I had the exact same problem myself in that first match against Austria. I stupidly thought the game wouldn't let that kind of thing happen.

I don't see why it lets you choose kits anyway, if you are away an the kit clashes with their home, you wear the away...quite why you should be able to change the home side to away just so you can wear your home is baffling.

The fact that kit choice alllows a live multiplayer game to have you both as England in the home/away kit is ridiculous.

I do like the game, I really do but the more I play it the more faults I find. Having to save TWICE between each ****ing match is a bit frustrating, let alone the dash popping up for me to say "YES, THE HD, THE ONE I USE FOR EVERYTHING!"...it's just criminal how much the HD is not being used.

Comment

The kit thing happens in PES too, so that's one thing which isn't an EA specific flaw.

Comment

Hi all

just got this and its ok but a touch easy. i have looked everywhere and read the manual but still cant find how to change the difficulty help!! please

Comment

Cant belive some of you lot like it...i think the game is a joke, it should never of been released in this state. Ive encountered bugs varying from the replay bar sticking at the bottom of the screen, to the movies not showing the correct players who score. The physics on the ball are poor and overall id say this is another very very poor effort from EA.

Yet again they win, they make money from releasing half arsed efforts, this will continue untill people stop buying this trash, this is the first EA game ive bought in ages and i only got it due the reviews saying the gameplay is good.....is it ****, the online is laggy as hell, just the overall feel of the game is a joke and for them to charge people 40-50 quid, well they must be laughing at all of us.

Id give the game maybe 5/10 and thats generous, i hate it.
                              Last edited by stepp; 01-05-2006, 16:28.

Comment

Originally posted by stepp
                                Cant belive some of you lot like it...i think the game is a joke, it should never of been released in this state. Ive encountered bugs varying from the replay bar sticking at the bottom of the screen, to the movies not showing the correct players who score. The physics on the ball are poor and overall id say this is another very very poor effort from EA.

Yet again they win, they make money from releasing half arsed efforts, this will continue untill people stop buying this trash, this is the first EA game ive bought in ages and i only got it due the reviews saying the gameplay is good.....is it ****, the online is laggy as hell, just the overall feel of the game is a joke and for them to charge people 40-50 quid, well they must be laughing at all of us.

Id give the game maybe 5/10 and thats generous, i hate it.
                                Thats EVERY goal if you sub the player who scored mate.

As for them "winning" I ask you what else you think people should do if they want a next-gen-360 football game? It's not like we really have a choice but to buy this game if we want a 360 football game.

Comment

Working...
                                X