Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you create players on 360? I know you can on the Xbox version

Comment

Is this officially released and available to buy in the shops today, or are you guys getting them from mail order?

Comment

Thanks for that "mini" review Glazza, I will get this tomorrow now, as you say its good.
        Note: If its cack`, I`ll take you off my friends list :P

Spoony

Comment

Lol. As with every Fifa, comments either suggest its the "best yet" or its "crap" from what I can see on the web.

Comment

Just ordered it from Play. And I noticed they have Amped 3 on there for ?17.99?!?! If you don't have this already, get over there post haste!

Comment

Originally posted by glazza

Midfielders:
              David Beckham/Steve Gerrard/Frank Lampard/Joe Cole/Phil Neville/Owen Hargreaves/S.W.Phillips/Michael Carrick/Kieron Dyer/Jermain Jenas/Alan Smith/Kieron Richardson.

Forwards:
              Wayne Rooney/Michael Owen/Peter Crouch/Jermain Defoe/Darrius Vasel/Darren Bent/Andrew Johnson/Emile Heskey

G.
              Oh I cannot WAIT to see Crouch in this game!!

I can already see who I'm gonna drop...(Jenas, Dyer, Heskey, Vasel etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonman2
                Thanks for that "mini" review Glazza, I will get this tomorrow now, as you say its good.
                Note: If its cack`, I`ll take you off my friends list :P

Spoony
                Hahahahaha...this will deffo fill the footy void on 360 Spoony till Pro Evo arrives n maybe even Fifa 2007.

Ill be around tomorrow for a game online if ya fancy it .

G.
                Last edited by glazza; 27-04-2006, 17:23.

Comment

Oh thank god for that! Desperate for next gen footy...

I'd do anything for a club football version where I could play as my boys though Only way I can see em in this game is if I play as about 10 different teams!

Comment

Nice hands-on impression but cut to the chase and give us the lowdown on online play.

EA has a track record of stuffing up the Xbox LIVE options with its out-dated menu setup and limited features. I've read in the TeamXbox review that online tournaments arent in the Xbox 360 version which is criminal. Also read that ranked matches are now setup completely blind, in that you cannot pick the person you play against by viewing their rating before the match or whether they are overseas and so you run the risk of playing very laggy matches.

What I really want/need to know though is whether unranked friends matches are implemented well. By that I mean can you just join a friends match and then play against each other without ever getting kicked back to the online menus? With previous Fifa games you could invite a friend to play but then when the match ended it would kick you both back to the menus and you had to go through the whole invite process again... stupid.

This was the same setup in Fight Night 3 as well so I am guessing EA have done fck all to fix it in this game?

Comment

Having played it for a couple of hours last night, I totally agree with glazza's comments. The gameplay is improved, the graphics (some players look a little ropey) and sound are very good and it is a fun kick about. I played on semi pro and most of my goals were scored by a through ball to Owen and then slotting it past the keeper. I did score a couple of headers from crosses and a nice volley from a knock down from a corner. Fun game, much improved over RTWC, much cleaner and less jerky and the replays are very good.

Not yet tried online so I cant comment on that. I did take a look through some of the leaderboards and it shows the percentage of games dropped, most people were on 0%-1% with a few on 3%, but this should mean it is 'quite' stable as I had heard a rumour of disconnection problems.

Overall though, a nice World Cup footy game.

Comment

Given this an hammering today and whilst its much better than the last 360 version its still no WE11 beater.

Presentation is as always top notch, even the EA trax bollocks seems to flow well with the game (even had a number of songs on there that i enjoyed listening to) - only thing i hate presentation wise is it jumping to the select hard drive screen every time you save, why can't it just remember that i am using that bloody hard drive

Control wise - switching to new analog made it control similar to WE, but it just doesn't feel as smooth. Passing can be very very hit or miss, whether its me ****ing up the aiming of the stick, or whether its just a piss poor setup is something i am still getting my head round - at times you can string passes around all over the pitch, pinging them from one wing to the other, little knock downs for other players to run onto etc. The through ball, when it works, is a joy - it really is a defence splitting pass, a much more portent weapon than in the previous we11 game (we9 - we10 i haven't put enough time into yet to see if the through ball is improved or not). Another thing i can't suss out is the Tell player to make run button, i press it and no ****er makes a run for me. not good that the button is also the same one you hold down to change the through ball from low to lobbed.

The strength of the passes is another thing thats ****ed up - you can pass the ball around with precision, then you have an easy pass to someone and the ball doesn't reach them. messed up big time.

Goal keepers are ok - not great cos there are a number of sweet spots which almost guarantee a goal. Saves made with legs, feet, elbows etc, one handed dives, punching the ball clear from crosses - it all looks good. One and ones the goalie makes himself a big target and is hard to beat - and then a straight shot from the same spot outside the box beats him approx. 90% of the time

another thing - i can't remember the last 360 version, but the last xbox version i played had the sweetest free kick system i have ever player, you could spin the ball perfectly, curling it around the wall into either corner of the net. it was absolute perfection. well, they have taken that out now and given us a bull**** freekick system that's similar to what pro evo's was 3 years ago. to make matters worse - if you have the radar on you can't even see the ball when taking a freekick from outside the box (the radar covers it up)

not tried it online yet - will give it a blast tonight, but managed to unlock 500 of the 1000 point achievement score just by winning the world cup and doing one global challenge (the other 500 points are for completing global challenge mode) - i feel guilty getting the points so easily

Comment

Great game but they've forgotten to correct one of the stupidest ****ing bugs ever.

If you score 3 goals with Rooney in the first half, and swap him out for Defoe or any other player...at full time it shows the SUB scoring the original player's goals...this was in Road to the World Cup to and is an appalling bug to have in a finished product, EA should be ****ing ashamed of doing this not once, but TWICE in consecutive games. Try it out, score a goal with anyone, then sub them...upon full time it will show the sub scoring a goal, it's most noticable with owen/rooney for defoe since they have a different skin colour!

Anyone notice how **** Crouch is in the game? Wright-Phillips isn't too good either, seems too slow for him.

How do you utilise the star players btw, what is it that Gerrard can do especially well etc?

It's really hard to get past a defender without passing as well, it's near impossible to dribble for any length of time and whereas in pro evo it's fast paced, this isn't quite as fast paced so you can never get round them...I also find the controls nowhere near as responsible when dribbling as they should be.

I'd give this 6 or 7/10 at the moment as a stand alone football game but I've only given it a few hours. The presentation is wonderful and theres a LOT more effort gone into it over the last incarnation.

Still would have preferred a Fifa full game, but that's not gonna happen for quite a while now I'd imagine. I don't see how they'll manage it either, ALL those players modelled, names recorded...like Fifa 2006 for previous-gen but with extreme amounts of detail...

It's better than the last one, but not by a huge amount, very disappointed by the bug actually!

Comment

Originally posted by John Beaulieu
                            only thing i hate presentation wise is it jumping to the select hard drive screen every time you save, why can't it just remember that i am using that bloody hard drive
                            I forgot to mention that actually, I think that is plain bad. It is UNACCEPTABLE for a 360 game to require you to do that in my eyes, I'll forgive much but the complete and utter under-usage of the HD so far with this console is a ****ing joke and in a game like this where it is fast paced, this kind of problem (and it IS a problem) is jsut plain unacceptable.

Comment

How do you utilise the star players btw, what is it that Gerrard can do especially well etc?
                              Gerrard is a star passer combined with star shot (i think) - i play with either him or lampard just off the 2 strikers and they can either get good through balls in or just shoot from range (weak if you utilise the 'sweet spots' since they always go in)

for me the inclusion of star players is good - but the over reliance on them with their superior skills compared to non-stars makes it over kill. for example - Rooney is just way too powerful, hes quicker than any other England forward, he can power through tackles (had him shrugging off 2 or 3 defenders on runs into the box) and he can slot it home from anywhere just outside the box, at whatever angle

Comment

ps Crouch isn't **** in the game - he just seems it compared to Rooney (as does every other England forward).

Qualified for the World Cup and Rooney got injured in my first game - had to use Crouch and Owen up front and they ripped other teams apart, Crouch holding the ball up and Owen making runs from him. Ended up as top scoring team in the tournament (probably helped by the 6 goals Rooney scored on his return from injury in the semi and final )

there is so much to like about this game - its such a step up from the last one, and its bloody good fun in multiplayer ..... but, i played this for around 6 hours yesterday, then moved onto WE10, and the gulf between the games is wider than ever imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X