This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live Market Place - General Discussion Thread 1

This thread is for discussion of Xbox Live Market Place Updates.

For a list of updates see this thread.

Tomb Raider demo looks so lush when you compare it to the PS2 version (same demo) analogue control feels nice and tight, water fx look good. It still has that "not so reel" look to it which makes a good Tomb Raider in my eyes.
    Welcome back Lara - Not sure if the ?50 asking price for the 360 version is worth it when Game have the PS2 version on their add boards for ?29.99.

Comment

Game are doing the 360 version of Tomb Raider for ?39.99 so I suppose an extra tenner is probably about right for an extra bit of next-gen spit & polish...

Comment

Hmmm I've got ?40 of gamestation credit note.

Price match!

Comment

I cancelled my ?29.99 play.com 360 preorder after reading some impressions, maybe I shouldn't have done that

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
            I cancelled my ?29.99 play.com 360 preorder after reading some impressions, maybe I shouldn't have done that
            If it's as short as most people say there'll probably be a ton of 'em up for sale in the trading folder by Monday

Comment

It seems to play quite sweetly from the demo, definitely getting back to its roots of the first two games (which I really enjoyed playing actually, especially the second one). It seemed to lose its way after that. I'm not totally convinced by the whip/hook type thing yet, maybe a bit more gameplay with it will show it's not a gimmick. Looks pretty nice, nearly on a par with those old lucozade ads - well, as I remember them anyway

I may well look for a trade forum copy myself - too much software purchases this month to justify another full price game.

Comment

Originally posted by tom-nook
                Game are doing the 360 version of Tomb Raider for ?39.99 so I suppose an extra tenner is probably about right for an extra bit of next-gen spit & polish...
                Sold then.
                2 more impressions chap who Lara has chats with = annoying as ****! Music is pretty good.

Comment

Im really tempted by it after having a go on the demo on PS2 and now 360, 360 version looks so clean and very shiny.
                  Good to see Crystal Dynamics get this game back on track, nice bit of platforming/switch/box/puzzle/shooting action, watching the trailer on marletplace too shows nice range of everything.
                  ?40 aint too shabby, might do a part ex for it.

Comment

FTW!
                    Really enjoyed that, definetly a return to form for the series if that demo is anything to go by. Looking forward to getting it tomorrow now, superb stuff.

Comment

I think the Tomb Raider demo is the most 'complete' demo I has been released on the Marketplace becuase it gives you a nice introduction to learn the moves/controls then starts to throw a few puzzles and gun fights near the end - it had a bit of everything and feels like the most Tomb Raider Tomb Raider since the original.

That said, the Call of Duty 2 demo was great if a bit demanding, throwing you right in the heat of a battle!

Comment

Really enjoyed that. Never been a fan of the series, but that just makes me want to buy the full version.

I spent a good 45 minutes with it, including working out that last puzzle. And how easy it was in the end!

Comment

Wow that was ace. I'm sold!! Its just so Tomb Raidery!!!!

Comment

Changing subject slighty they have added he Kameo Co-Op Pack onto marketplace, lets you play co-op over live.
                            If anyone still has kameo and wants a co-op game send me an invite.

Comment

I might do this as I never did get round to finishing Kameo. Just couldnt get into it much, seemed like too much of a chore. I want to love it though.

So I'll give this co-op a try over the week hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                              X