Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hyper Neogeo 64( US)

You need to do your homework.
    Have a look around and you'll find promotional flyers for Neogeo USA's Hyper64 releases , and maybe even dedicated US cabinet.( albeit a bugger to get a hold of )

US manual

It is available in English and Japanese

Also you'll find most arcade titles are distributed through a child company in other territories.That doesn't necessarily make them a Japanese only product.Usually they have multi language options via the dip switches.

N.B .I owned the full-set 6 years ago,(?350 from SImon at Vektorlogic ).Oh and the last time I noticed he sold the 4 set for half nearly half that now ,,new (^^)

Why are most things American bloody UGLY ! That cabinet is too big plus very odd. How the hell do you use it? If you stand up you can see the screen but will give yourself a bad back while bending down to reach the controls. If you sit down you have good access to the controls but get a sore neck from having to look up at the screen. Give me the Japanese Astro City look alike cabinet with built in LCD screen at the top running the same image as the main screen, any day.

Yakumo

Yakumo

Comment

Totally agree pal... the Japanese Hyper neogeo cab is the usual sit-at style while the US one seemed to be stuck in the 80's.

Comment

Shame there are no decent hyper 64 games. Lots of people rave about buriki but imo its poor. Sold my set up recently for a tidy profit so i don't mind

Comment

I enjoyed the Samsupi titles , but I agree they to take a bit of getting used to. The speed of the gameplay is such a departure from the 2-d titles that it can turn some folk away .The game still oozes class though .

Comment

Originally posted by ExpertKing
            You need to do your homework.
            Have a look around and you'll find promotional flyers for Neogeo USA's Hyper64 releases , and maybe even dedicated US cabinet.( albeit a bugger to get a hold of )

US manual
            http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81572

It is available in English and Japanese

Also you'll find most arcade titles are distributed through a child company in other territories.That doesn't necessarily make them a Japanese only product.Usually they have multi language options via the dip switches.

N.B .I owned the full-set 6 years ago,(?350 from SImon at Vektorlogic ).Oh and the last time I noticed he sold the 4 set for half nearly half that now ,,new (^^)
            Your right m8,accept my apologies,you know more about me with regards to this you can slap me in the face now with a wet fish!!

I might reduce the price down to ?170 maybe.....

Comment

Getting the kipper ready....

Comment

Originally posted by ExpertKing
                Getting the kipper ready....

Comment

That cab is disgusting. Who the hell designs these things? When you have nice Japanese design, why change it?

I never think about the Neo64, and I have hardly played any of the games. I remember having a few goes on some of them back in the Namco Wonderpark in the late 90's, but I wasn't impressed, and went back to the 2D stuff!
                  Last edited by Leon Retro; 30-01-2006, 03:11.

Comment

Personally I am a fan of Fatal Fury Wild Ambition. The PS1 version is horrendous to look at, but plays quite nice. Plus the intro rocks. Not played the arcade version but would love to. Dude I would buy this lot off you if I sell some more of my ****.

Comment

Wild Ambition is wicked, is that the intro where the Bogard dad gets taken out by mullet Geese?

Unless i'm thinking of the dominated mind intro:/

Comment

it certainly is that one, Baseley my friend. Absolute class - better than the game probably

Comment

Working...
                        X