Prison Break

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DavidHolliss
    Where did you read about a second season ??
    It was mentioned by the actors in the 'Prison Break: Behind the Walls' special that was shown on Channel 5 on the 6th March.

Also, according to answers.com:

"The first 13 episodes ran from August to November 2005 on Mondays on Fox. The remaining 9 episodes will air from March to May 2006."
    Last edited by Locky; 08-03-2006, 12:27.

Comment

thanks Locky, oh and Episodes 14 is on on the 20th March iirc.

Comment

Just to make myself clear. I have Eps 1-13 on my PC. Which I am calling "The First Season"

This whole american way of making you wait months and months for episodes of the same soap-opera if frigging ridiculous.

In fact this whole Season-business is getting ridiculous. Suddenly the Americans are investing money into "decent" original programming a la Band of Brothers and 24. Now everything is spanned over years and seasons with no plot advancement and ideas dribbling out of ppl's arses biannualy.

(Yes, I'm frustrated with Lost)
        (Yes, I have heard of X Files)

Comment

Originally posted by djjimbob
          I've got the entire series on my PC and while it started well and had a few good episodes it really started to drag towards the end.
          When?

I just got done watching ep 10 yesterday and it's doing nothing but heating up if you ask.

A mini-series at best. The fact they are doing a Season 2....
          But with this logic, every show on TV shouldn't have continued seasons.

Or are you telling me there's not enough storylines in this one to keep it going?

To me, that's absurd. There is a LOT more I want to know about this one and all the mini-storylines to keep me watching than any other series i've watched in recent memory; the first that always comes to mind being Lost.

Lost is your typical drag-it-out show, barely keeping your eyes open for 50 minutes and then giving you just enough at the end to keep the viewer.

I don't think PB has missed a beat so far in around 450 minutes of show.

Again, it must be different strokes and all that, but I thnk this is one of the best written shows i've seen in ages. The acting fits the characters: some can do emotion, a lot of them just thugs, tough guys and almost chav-like. Well, guess what? That's a Prison for ya.

Comment

Now everything is spanned over years and seasons with no plot advancement and ideas dribbling out of ppl's arses biannualy.

(Yes, I'm frustrated with Lost)
            I would agree with that (re: Lost, and the concept in general).... but I just don't see Prison Break being dragged out on it's last breath, gasping for a story.

If my guess is right (bare in mind I don't know what happens in eps 11, 12 or 13), season 2 is going to appear to be a completely different show in terms of storyline, setting and characters to a lesser degree.

I can clearly see why some might just flat out not like the show, but I can't see why some think it's a solid but long-winded idea. To me, putting what I have seen so far in any less than 9 or 10 episodes wouldn't work.

Most of the fun is in the character progression which you don't get in short series'.

Comment

I'm just a bit worried about what Season 2 will entail, was it always planned for when writing it?

Prison Break has been a great surprise for me, one of the most consistently high standard of programmes I've seen in a long long time. This break waiting for the next US episode is driving me mad though!

Comment

Just finished watching all episodes upto 13.

Very gripping story but as with Lost, watching it one after the other really does spoil you and now I have to wait just under two weeks for 14 ft:

Comment

Yip, I'm just damned impatient, the internet really has spoilt us for choice when it comes to watching US dramas.

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I just got done watching eps 11, 12 and 13 last night, and I can't BELIEVE the cliffhanger they left it on. So many questions, so long to wait......... I can't begin to imagine the guys in the US who watched this months ago and are now waiting for season 2. I've only gotta wait a few weeks.

But I go back to length; I seriously don't get how or why people think this is a typical 6-8 show mini-series. I was thinking about it last night. What i've seen in 13 episodes, to me, could've been spread out over at least another 4. Each one is so jam-packed that they could live with prolonging it. I'm glad they didn't, but there you go.

And then people question why there's a second season or whatever, but there's just SO much to watch for IMO. So many things I want to know, so many little storylines you almost forget about until they re-surface themselves.

I'll be honest, I thought season 1 would end with them breaking out and season 2 focusing in on Lincoln's revenge and all those kinds of things with the Leadman (right?) scam. But no... it looks like season 2 may not get off to that kind of a start. I'm thinking now that maybe season 2 will be longer (16+ shows) and -- cover your eyes -- MAYBE there's enough for a 3rd season, depending on how it goes.

Comment

Last nights episode was great just for one fact, how the hell can they beat

the government

Comment

Episode 14 has been - how do you say - leaked

Comment

yes, first thing yesterday, not a bad episode, it's been sooo long coming

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, been waiting for this one for ages.

Comment

Well, you'll be fuming after it - I thought the ep13 cliffhanger was a tough one to bear - Jesus CHRIST.

How long till 15 anybody know ?

Comment

Espescially when the govener called!

Comment

Working...
                                X