Call Of Duty 2 - Call To Arms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call Of Duty 2 - Call To Arms

This is a tricky one because, until Infinity Ward sort out the lack of lobbies it's kinda tricky to get a game together; however, I've found a semi-solution which has allowed 4 of us to continuously play games together with next to no lag.

Generally, by picking Player Match then Custom Match and picking S&D, HQ or CTF you either get a next to empty lobby or a new one is created with you as host - from there everbody else just sits with the dash up until they can join your game and hey presto !

Also, the lag seems to have gone - I haven't played a laggy game for days now (and I've played a LOT of online games of this recently)

It's been working well for a couple of days and I've got to say this has become one of my all time favourite online FPS - ever. There's something utterly intuative & satisfying about it that I find hard to quantify. It makes it all the worse that the online component has received such poor attention.

So, if you fancy a game sometime as with the other threads pap your gamertag in here !

God bless the Killcam !

Men Of Valour

Yoshimax
    Gibinho
    TIKKAROMA
    Camster99
    StolenDiagram
    Soi
    Peeveen
    Aspiring Youth
    Sleepypixie
    Mardigan8
    Magicdapsuk
    Rossco UK
    ThirstyLegend
    Gerry Helmet
    BigNige
    Compacted Jack
    Crisp Rapper
    Oh Mutants
    Last edited by Yoshimax; 25-02-2006, 17:50.

I'll give it a go. What time are you going to be on?

Comment

Should be on from about 6 tonight Gib for most of the night between that & PGR3.

There's 4 of us at the moment who've been playing pretty religiously. If I couldn't be sure it'd have the same kind of longeivity I'd say this game is at least level with H2 as a multiplayer experience - It's just so good.

Hope to see you on there - as I mentioned it's kinda tricky getting everybody in the one session but it is possible.

Comment

aye you away and play yer games yoshi ill be getting bllloooooootterrrreeddddddddddd

Comment

I can't play tonight but I'm definitely up for some at some point.

Comment

Will most likely be up for this around christmas as its currently on my "wants list"

Feel free to add me in the meantime if ye wish ^_^

Comment

Same here ... I suspect the DVD-shaped parcel under the tree from my missus is this game ... in which case, I'll be blasting the Nazi's away on Xmas day. I'm on PGR3 and TW2006 in the meantime.

Comment

yeah im on alot but lag kills it. If this kills the lag count me in!

AsPiRiNg YoUtH

Comment

Am on... not tomorrow due to work Xmas night out but def over weekend. Am War Hardened soldier looking for some fresh cannon fodder

Comment

Might pop on tomorrow night for a wee bit. Not played it on Live yet but I'll give it a bash..

Rossco UK.

Comment

Hit a few laggy ones last night but it's not difficult to get a lagless game.

When it works sans-lag this takes some beating.

Comment

I am up for some cod2 games, I love this game when it doesnt lag. The only mode I have ever played is Team Deathmatch though, so be gentle.

My gamertag is Magicdapsuk

I am away this weekend, but I am around next week in the evenings as the other half is working nights.

Comment

Just added everyone listed

Comment

i love this game. Played some with Pixie and Jahin, but since we were the only 2 in the room it was too big a level. I really hope they fix the online part so that we can get proper games going!

Comment

Just to clarify, only the S and the D of my GT are in caps, the rest is lowercase.

Comment

Working...
                              X