No announcement yet.

The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amir got smashed harder than that against Maidana and didnt get knocked out. That being said his chin isn't great but it's not the glass jaw some make out. Plus Mayweather isn't a hard hitter anyway so Amir's weakness would be negated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam The Man View Post
      Amir got smashed harder than that against Maidana and didnt get knocked out. That being said his chin isn't great but it's not the glass jaw some make out. Plus Mayweather isn't a hard hitter anyway so Amir's weakness would be negated.
      Yeah i agree his glass jaw gets too much press, but it would certainly be entertaining as one thing khan does well is close space...although the running would win out i'd imagine.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather has aged more than Manny Pacquiao and yet not only did he land more punches and control range and distance but he made the fight for the most part look like a walk in the park. Thats what he has been doing to most of his opponents his entire career. If thats not the mark of a great boxer then nothing is.

I remember so many of the british fans saying how Ricky Hatton was going to knock Mayweather out and for the first few rounds Hatton had some success but after that Mayweather took over with his boxing skills and timing and knocked him out.

I think if the Pacquiao v Mayweather fight had happened 5 years ago Manny would have been much more aggressive and as a result he would have got knocked out by a perfectly timed right hand from Floyd who 5 years ago was much faster himself with a higher work rate and better foot movement.

The only person i can see giving Mayweather problems is Amir Khan and thats because he ISN'T a fighter but a boxer that controls range and distance like Floyd that is also a bit faster than Mayweather now that Mayweather is in his late 30's
        Excellent post.

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        Rematch seems set after Manny has healed up been sued for lying about his "injury".
        Corrected.
        Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-05-2015, 22:28.

Comment

hahaha that you think that is hahaha.
          Come on now. He got dropped by a guy who was fighting at straw weight - bizarre thing is, that's when his chin was physically at its strongest.

Plus he says he'll knock Mayweather out... yet the guy hasn't got a single KO on his record.

Comment

Fury v Wladimir Klitschko confirmed for this October.

British heavyweight Tyson Fury will fight Wladimir Klitschko for the Ukrainian's world heavyweight titles in October.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather Jr. stripped of WBO title after failing to pay sanction fee

"Mayweather failed to pay the $200,000 sanction fee required by the World Boxing Organization for the belt he won on May 2 when he defeated Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas by the deadline, which was the end of the business day on Friday. So on Monday, the Puerto Rico-based organization stripped Mayweather of its title.

It elevated Timothy Bradley, who defeated Jessie Vargas on June 27 for the interim championship, to full champion status."

No news through yet if, after having his belt removed, Mayweather's trousers fell down.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...011247890.html

Floyd Mayweather Jr. stripped of WBO title after failing to pay sanction fee

"Mayweather failed to pay the $200,000 sanction fee required by the World Boxing Organization for the belt he won on May 2 when he defeated Manny Pacquiao at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas by the deadline, which was the end of the business day on Friday. So on Monday, the Puerto Rico-based organization stripped Mayweather of its title.

It elevated Timothy Bradley, who defeated Jessie Vargas on June 27 for the interim championship, to full champion status."
                No big news story here from the point of view Floyd had spoken of relinquishing the WBO belt for some time. It was always on the cards, especially after the way he comprehensively outclassed Manny. The sanction fee was a surprise though.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                No news through yet if, after having his belt removed, Mayweather's trousers fell down.

Comment

Carl Frampton title fight is live on ITV1 tonight at 10pm, not often we have Boxing on free to air TV so is always worth a watch, even if he is a heavy favourite.

Comment

I'll have two of whatever Manny is smoking.

I wonder what phantom injury excuse he'd come up with after getting comprehensively outboxed for a second time by Floyd? Would be enough to make PoTaito cry about it even more, I'd imagine.

All that said, it wouldn't surprise me if Floyd decided to make a Pac rematch his 50th fight. In all honesty, the sooner the pair of them hang their gloves up the better.
                    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-02-2020, 19:47.

Comment

Wow. Tyson Fury, new World Champion.

Vlad Klitschko beaten for first time in over a decade.

No words.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Wow. Tyson Fury, new World Champion.

Vlad Klitschko beaten for first time in over a decade.

No words.
                        Pebbles predicted this years ago.

Comment

I hope he gets beaten in the re match , such a moron .

Comment

Like him or hate him, I see the David Haye fight is live on the Dave channel this weekend.

Not a fan of the bloke but is a good sign to see another channel showing live boxing - not sure if Dave is a Freeview channel so will leave out the phrase "free to air".

Comment

Just watched Wilder Fury II ...

Astonishing performance from Tyson Fury. Bossed it from the opening bell. Amazing and gutsy. Huge respect for the guy and what he's achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                                Just watched Wilder Fury II ...

Astonishing performance from Tyson Fury. Bossed it from the opening bell. Amazing and gutsy. Huge respect for the guy and what he's achieved.

I only just watched it a few hours ago. Wilder was obliterated, no doubt about it. I honestly thought that Fury would attempt to dance for twelve rounds again but he totally controlled the fight, overpowered Wilder and made him look less-than-domestic level.

Not sure where Wilder goes from here. He's 35. It's either activate the rematch clause in the contract and have a third bout with Fury or retire - no point in going back to KOing bums for minor money, surely?

For Fury, the endgame is surely a megafight with AJ for all the belts? But I'm hearing talk of that being in Saudi Arabia - f**k off with that sh1t if it is true!

Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 23-02-2020, 20:01. Reason: Totally forgot about the spoiler!

Comment

Working...
                                X