Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

This game is bloody marvellous. Apologies if there is a thread about it somewhere but I just couldnt find one which was quite surprising.

Anyway, many of you played the game much? I had one game on launch day and got like 7,000 points and thought "meh.." then me and my mate went on it last night and started a wee private chat, this was about 1am or something, then we played and played and player and player until after 5am, talking and trying to beat each others scores and sharing tips etc!

Its so fun, I have been gettin better and better and my highscore now is 60,000. Still nowhere near other people on my list, someone has 150,000 and the top score ever is 10 million. But I'm slowly getting better.

Whats all your opinions and high scores?

I was playing the survival mode last night, I wanted to go to bed, but I couldn't end it, even by trying to die. EVIL

Comment

I'm loving this, I've played it more than anything else on the 360, which is just wrong really!

I've got something like 150,000-200,000 on timed and marathon, I'm trying to complete marathon at the moment though, which is really very hard.

I've only got three achievements left to earn!

Comment

It took me a while for this game to click with me, but now I like it and am going for the black pearl cluster on marathon quite a lot now. It's just there is too much unpredictability for me for Hexic to be a great puzzle game. Stuff can fly down, and several chain reactions later, all your hard work is out the window. It's like tekken button mashing, someone is probably doing way better than me with absolutely zero thought.

Comment

All I play is the Marathon mode, thats the normal one isnt it? The first option?

And I can only manage 60,000. I dont know how to do any better, I got 6 star pieces one game but couldnt get them all together to form a star and get the pearl thingy.

Only got 3 achievments for it.

And they were all done in my very first game of it.

Comment

Just started playing this last night, really wish I hadn't as I lost an hour of good Gotham time to its addictive madness... played the marathon mode and absolutely love it. Moving my eyes in and out of focus to try and find the best path to points is my special move registered around 15,000 in marathon mode but gonna get more time with it and the Geometry Wars 2 game I unlocked in PGR3... anotehr highly addicitve and mental game. Gotta love the classics.

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
              Still nowhere near other people on my list, someone has 150,000
              That would be me

Get 6 stars in a flower and you get absolutely loads of points.

Comment

But it so bloody tricky to do - it's hard enough getting the stars in the first place. I got to the final level (well there are only 7) of the marathon game, and you have to get a 3 pearl cluster to win, I haven't managed one yet, and am floundering around the 49K mark atm - still, back to another game.

Comment

My score is about 240,000 and that's enough for me. The game is just getting too boring and it takes too long before you reach the 100K mark.

So back to Geometry Wars.

Comment

Got up to 128,000 I think it was tonight with my mate! Was a great game, we could have got so much higher but we messed up a good few things just through sheer stupidity and not paying attentiong because we were watching School of Rock on the PiP.

Think I could easily get 200,000k + now if I tried.

Gonna have a good few goes tomorrow!

Comment

I love this ga,e but am rubbish at it, my top score is only 80k. I have not managed to get a black pearl yet.

Comment

Yeh, we tried for ages getting a black pearl but we only had 6 silver stars at the time so I guess that made it harder, if you get alot more so you've got loads floating about, it should be easier..

Comment

I try and get rid of the starflowers as quick as possible when I've got six. It's so annoying to go through that hard work, and then see three of them join together and disappear in a combo by mistake

Comment

I don't have any games for my 360 and this is the game I have been playing all the time. It's extremely addictive.

Comment

I got a bit hooked on this yesterday. I'm at the point where I'm not even enjoying it that much anymore, but I need to play! Had a few black pearls now, but I still think i'm never gonna get 6 together.

Top score of 250k I think, in the top 1000 anyway

The bombs are the worst tho. Sometimes on the last level there really is nothing you can do about them except keep them near the top and pray the right colours come down.

Comment

Working...
                              X