No announcement yet.

Hexic HD - Xbox 360 Arcade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's strange, this game is actually a bit rubbish but I keep coming back to it. I think it is strange that the game lasts for hours and hours with seemingly no end whatsoever. I hate it! But I will still play it whenever I start feeling slightly bored...

Comment

I love it, was trying a few games but just couldnt get into it as well as before, wasn't seeing anything, and got hardly any points!!

GOnna try again now.

Comment

I just beat marathon mode! Over 500K my top score now, I'm in the top few hundred on that and timed mode now. Getting six black pearls into a circle is the last thing I need to do, since I'll probably get the Hexic addict when attempting it anyway! It's going to be a reet bitch though.

Some of those bombs just feel like they're impossible to get rid of

Comment

Im still sucking at this, best I managed tonight was 90,000!!

Just struggling to get flower pieces at all in the first place.

Comment

Does anyone know how people get such high scores on survival mode? I was 20th in the rankings last time I looked with about 400,000. My record says I got 66 starflowers over the 50 levels. As far as I can tell they get you the most points (you can't get the pearls in survival), but looking at the scores above mine, some have only got a few...how did they do it? The top score has something over 1,000,000 and only got 5 of them - I don't get it!

Comment

Make a starflower with a star colour piece and you get a multiplier. Make it with more stars = more bonus. I'm guessing the top scorers are very dedicated, and getting max points for practically every move.

Comment

But 6 stars in one star flower = 128,000. Someone got 1,000,000 with only 5 starflowers. There are others with 600,000 ish who only got 2 starflowers.

I've only ever managed 5 stars in one, which gets 64,000. Each extra star up to there doubles it. The only thing I can think of is that maybe 6 gives something stupid like half a million...

Comment

I love this game, just got over 120000 . 4th on my leaderboard now.
                  Still havent been able to get any black pearls though.

Comment

3 times now I've had 2 black pearls and 5 star flowers, so just needed one more to get the third black pearl and link them up to "finish" the game. And every time I've had a bomb appear on screen that's just impossible to clear.

Ahhhh!!!!!!!!

Comment

I managed to get 3 black pearls to complete the game, still have to get six black pearls in the round pattern - yeah right. Only 2 achievments left (100 games will come with time)

Comment

Yay!!! Im 3rd on my leaderboard now with just over 216000!!! Everytime I see the frigging bombs my hearts starts beating fast.

Comment

Damn, I cant get that high. Think my highest was about 160,000. Not played it in ages though..

Comment

Managed to get a black pearl at last this evening - but most annoyingly, I was less than a 1000 points away from getting the 150K acheivement in Marathon mode when a bomb I couldn't clear appeared. I did think that it was always possible to clear these if you looked through the grid far enough - but there really wasn't anyway to clear this one I could see.

Edit - managed to get the Timed Mode Score acheivement (just) before I was bombed earlier too. Only 4 more to get now, though I think I'm going to struggle with a black pearl flower.

Originally posted by in5ane
                            Make a starflower with a star colour piece and you get a multiplier. Make it with more stars = more bonus. I'm guessing the top scorers are very dedicated, and getting max points for practically every move.
                            That's a top tip - I didn't even realise that happened. I shall deffo aim to do this in the marathon game now.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 10-01-2006, 23:05.

Comment

How annoying is this game.

I tried it for the first time last night and muddled my way through, got to a point where I had 6 starflowers on screen and was ONE move from linking them to get a black pearl - except I rotated them the wrong way and chained 4 of my starflowers.

Could. Not. Be. Arsed. To. Go. Through. All. That. Again.

meh

Comment

Just managed my first Black pearl, and got 60,000 for it! Nicely, Gonna have a good shot later at getting over 150,000 Marathon mode. Managed over 75,000 in Timed, 105,000 it was overall so that topped my firneds leaderboard! And also got 1,000,000 in games overall so more achievement points! And managed to finish Survival the other night too! And I should be nearing 100 games overall soon, I'd imagine!

Loving this game once again.

Comment

Working...
                                X