This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moonwhistle
    That Japanese Chrono Trigger aint worth jack ****...sealed or not I bet they're ten a penny in Japan.
    My Jap Chrono Trigger cost me the pricely sum of around ?1.50 in Osaka - I better get it on ebay quick

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj
      I was just thinking for fun and reference, shocking ebay auctions that make you shudder at the prices people seem to put on some titles.

I'll start the ball rolling:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZELDA-MAJORAS-...QQcmdZViewItem
      It's up for that price because someone (with a name I seem to recognise ... ) already paid that much for one last week or so:

Comment

the only thing that really bugs me is people over charging for shipping

i mean charging way over what it would cost to post it

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by gingerj
          I was just thinking for fun and reference, shocking ebay auctions that make you shudder at the prices people seem to put on some titles.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZELDA-MAJORAS...Qcm dZViewItem
          It's up for that price because someone (with a name I seem to recognise ... ) already paid that much for one last week or so:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Zelda-Majoras...1QQcmdZViewItem
          The seal looks completely different on those two.
          Last edited by lurch996; 11-11-2005, 18:18.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon
            the only thing that really bugs me is people over charging for shipping

i mean charging way over what it would cost to post it
            i know some people seem to think it costs 3 quid to send a game via recorded post

Comment

thats Gemini Phoenix, he collects sealed pal games.

for the last few years, he's been collecting every pal dreamcast game released, factory sealed with no cracks in the cases!

he lists the games he buys for reference....

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayIS...item=-1&de=off
              Last edited by butchcvc; 11-11-2005, 18:33.

Comment

Just to add my experiences with eBay customer service, I bought a load of PS1 games off videogameliquidations. The photos were of the normal versions, but they turned out to be the ****ty Greatest Hits versions (which I wouldn't have bought). I emailed him several times to no avail, emailed eBay, and left negative feedback. He left negative feedback for me (the whole system seems open to abuse, but that's another issue), as in the body of the listing, in very small letetrs, it did inform the buyer that the games were the GH versions. However eBay upheld my complaint that having the wrong photos was misleading, and awarded me a refund, plus I got to keep the games, which I traded in. I took them a very long time to get back to me - I'd written it off - but eventually it turned out alright. So I can't complain, really. Only thing is he's still selling the GH versions with non-GH pictures, but obviously I wouldn't use him again. eBay has definitely gotten worse in the last year and a half though, I think.

Comment

Just to go OT slightly....

I was scammed on a DS last Christmas when everyone and his dog wanted one. It was my own fault though as I didn't use the golden rule, "if it looks too good to be true, it is", and so paid the money and hoped. The guy even gave a phone number too to contact him if there were any problems.

So as time went on and still no DS, I decided to call him one day and to my amazement the number was legit and he said "yeah yeah it will be in the post soon" et etc...

It didn't arrive.

Now here's the issue I have with customer service. The guy scammed about 30 people out of nearly ?100 each and so this is more than some petty cash. It's ?3000 of innocent people's money. Now surely eBay should be handing this phone number to the police so they can trace it and catch this guy. They surely have a duty to their customers to do so, and it's really not too difficult for them to do.

Did they bother. Like feck they did.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch996
                    The seal looks completely different on those two.
                    The ?250 one looks fake. Should it not have Nintendo on the tear strip?

Comment

was thinking the same lol 250 for a fake and peoples bidding on it

Comment

Originally posted by gingerj

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZELDA-MAJORAS-...QQcmdZViewItem
                        it looks like that seller is trying to rip someone off, its been resealed. If you look at the corners of the box it is a bit worn out, the only way that can happen is if someone has opened and closed it to get at the game a few times.

Also the material that seals the game would have nintendo printed on it like their other products do, this one doesn't have that.
                        Last edited by muse hunter; 11-11-2005, 19:58.

Comment

I was gonna ask why his factory seal looks different, but the auction has ended now.

Just hope none of those suckers who've been asking the questions ended up with it.

Comment

you could even add ico and people selling their xbox 360's into this thread

most people are in it to make a quick buck

Comment

...I don't understand the prices of them because I never see any game sites that say a sealed Chrono Triger should be sold for such-&-such or a sealed Zelda Majora's Mask for this-much. Those sellers are mest up, I guess they just decide the value of something themselves. I think the people selling copies and those that really over price games is what's becoming wrong with eBay. Just because an older game is sealed does not mean the value should shoot through the roof.
                              Last edited by Juste; 11-11-2005, 21:15.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/Near-Mint-Gamebo...QQcmdZViewItem

is going on here?

Comment

Working...
                                X