Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oi! We ain't all evil bastards on ebay :P I start all my stuff at 99p regardless of rarity/age/condition I think it's up to bidders to decide what the item is worth. Tho the fact that last week they decided ICO was worth ?36 was very nice for my university funding :P

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Sanchez
      Cracked me up, welcome to reality!

(please sub Ebay with every evil empire that has the gaul to make money)

I have no problem with the fact that ebay is in fact a business and I?ve got no problem with fact that they are there solely to make money. However I do have a problem with their levels of none existent customer service and the way they act to certain members of their so called community of users. Basically they never seem to sort out any problems out until they are reported on tv or in the press because they don?t give a **** as long as the cash rolls in. I mean for **** sake even supermarket chains offer great levels of customer service because they know if they do you?ll be back there again.
      Last edited by steamy pile; 11-11-2005, 14:48.

Comment

Ebay ain't that bad. Just check out the buyers feedback and look at what they have bought sold recently.
        A good seller will have lots of photos and provide you with them if you ask.
        On Ebay so far I have only dealt with 1 d*ckhead so far out of 140 transactions.

Some sellers take the piss yes, but u can spot them a mile away anyway.

My fav auctions are the ones selling rare as f*ck games eg Metal Slug with no pics and people bid and get ripped off lol, anybody with half a brain can see that it's a scam yet they think they are getting a deal and get scammed.

The day I get scammed, the scammer will need the money they scammed off me for new windows lol KER smash

Oooops off topic.

Those prices are F**ked up and anybody buying that stuff has money to burn indeed.

Comment

Ok, staying off topic briefly, I had my ebay account hacked somehow (someone tried to sell a non existant Harley Davidson ffs!), so I searched long and hard for a contact number to report it... nothing! I sent numerous emails (the only method of contact) and never heard a reply. Meanwhile emails from ebayers were coming in asking about the 'George Forman Grill' I was apparently selling plus others, so I closed the account and sent more emails to ebay... Nothing.

Few weeks later I get the bill for sellers fees. I send emails contesting these. I recieve... yup, nothing, nada, not a single response.

Ebay sold the debt to Interim Justicia (a debt collector) who obviously couldn't give a **** about the legitimacy of the debt so I ended up paying it (only ?30 but still!).

I will never use that company again!

As for the prices of these 'sealed' games... there's loads popping up at the moment and I have no idea who would be dumb enough to pay that much!

Comment

Ebay has truly dreadful customer service and its consistantly getting worse, I have over 300 positive feedback but I simply can't stand to use the site anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Kron
              Ebay has truly dreadful customer service and its consistantly getting worse, I have over 300 positive feedback but I simply can't stand to use the site anymore.
              Or is it cos you're pimping VGA to much

Comment

Its not humanly possible to pimp enough a fully working site with infinately better customer service and no listing fees though

If VGA wasn't there I still wouldn't use ebay, Personally I don't think companies deserve to recieve any kind of money if they offer poor customer service. I can't think of anything worse than giving my money in the way of fees to a corporate site which obviously doesn't care (a: about the people who are using it b: the manufacturers of the goods they are attempting to showcase).

Comment

Very true. If you go into a store and are met with shocking customer service do you go back? I certainly don't.

Comment

Considering the volume of service they get, I'm not surprised it blows. But it isn't like you're having to deal with their customer service (not as demonstrated in this thread) to work well with the site. On saying that, not had a problem myself. They're quick to act on piracy issues, for example.

Comment

Anyone who's tried to go through eBay's compensation procedure, been led in circles for weeks, and then come to the conclusion (after consulting trading standards) that they operate illegally will tell you eBay and PayPal both suck wet farts out of dead cats :/

See if you can find a customer service telephone number on eBay. Go on. I had to scour through one of those anti-PayPal sites to find one.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                        Considering the volume of service they get, I'm not surprised it blows. On saying that, not had a problem myself. They're quick to act on piracy issues, for example.
                        Actually I disagree. A while back I was emailing with a few people in ebay's customer services about the issue of piracy. I sent them at least 25 links to pirate auctions or auctions for emus. Got the standard, thanks for reporting, we have looked into and taken appropriate action etc etc....all the auctions were still up and running. *****.

Comment

eBay couldn't give a **** about piracy - list Freeloader or a pair of bondage trousers and you're in a world of hurt though.

Comment

I see. I could post exactly the opposite (and did already) but still, maybe they just don't care about the two of you

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Marklar
                              They're quick to act on piracy issues, for example.
                              No they aren't, In the cases of pirated games I've reported in the past (when I could actually find the right page after going round in circles) all of the auctions have ran their full duration and nothing was done apart from being emailed a typical automated response which has this disclaiming piece of text in it which means ebay won't take any responsibility or act themselves:

"If you believe an item is potentially infringing and it was not removed
                              by eBay, we encourage you to contact the rights owner and inform them of
                              the alleged infringement. Rights owners may request the removal of
                              listings they feel infringe upon their rights through eBay's Verified
                              Rights Owner (VeRO) Program."

So basically unless you are the actual manufacturer and can prove you are the manufacturer they won't act on it as they seemingly don't have any discerning ability to recognise when something is blatantly counterfeit.

Comment

Originally posted by anephric
                                See if you can find a customer service telephone number on eBay. Go on. I had to scour through one of those anti-PayPal sites to find one.
                                'tis true - apparently you have to be a PowerSeller to get access to it directly on the site. Luckily, there's plenty of other places that'll tell you - just stick "ebay customer service number" into Google, and it'll pop up.

Comment

Working...
                                X