Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atari Jaguar CD units are woth a FORTUNE these days!

Comment

I'm bored so I'm going to ask him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
        Uhhhh ... really? Ecco Tides of Time is ?20-?30 game tops! It's not that long ago that there were buckets of sealed copies flying around, usually for less than ?40 a pop.

Shining Force CD definitely more likely to go over ?65 than Ecco Tides of Time .. Theme Park too, although less often than Shining Force.

But yeah, it's a silly price. He's probably trying to recoup some of the ludicrous sums he's spent on some of that stuff in the past and been trying to flog on at even more barmy prices via his multiple eBay ids. I can't figure out quite what planet he's on.

A way back he agreed to buy a big load of stuff from me - I knocked a load of the prices down for him for the deal. But he never came through on it. Maybe he maxed his cards out or something!!
        If you can find a complete Tides of Time for ?25, buy it, stick it on ebay, do a BIN and I guarantee that I'll buy it off you for ?40. Easy tenner? (I can count, just rounding off to account for worst case fees!!)

Shining Force on the other hand, go for ?55 - ?60 all day long. I picked mine up for ?55 and still see them going for that area. Yup, some idiots have got theirs up for ?90 at the moment, they won't sell though.

Theme Park's another one. yes, it is very rare. But, when it goes up on ebay, like I did, it can be picked up for ?30. But, some idiots still insist on putting it up on BINs for upwards of ?100.

Comment

Just had a reply. He claims he bought it from Gamestation sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorfarius View Post
            Just had a reply. He claims he bought it from Gamestation sealed.
            Pretty obvious thats a gamestation reseal though. They did it to all their retro to stop people from nicking it so easily a few years back, or at least ours did. Pretty sure you already knew this though

I mean, you can see where the nintendo sticker seal has been taken off! Can't believe people are actually bidding on it
            Last edited by fizzycat; 17-06-2010, 17:50.

Comment

Did they really? I used to frequent 3 different GS's when they did retro and none of them resealed anything retro besides console bundles.

Comment

Did they really? I used to frequent 3 different GS's when they did retro and none of them resealed anything retro besides console bundles.
                my local one reseals gameboy games.

Comment

Lots of retro was shrink wrapped to maintain box shape, and to make it more visually attractive to the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by chocklo View Post
                    Shining Force on the other hand, go for ?55 - ?60 all day long. I picked mine up for ?55 and still see them going for that area. Yup, some idiots have got theirs up for ?90 at the moment, they won't sell though.
                    I just noticed that myself as I'm still after a copy where do these people get their BIN prices from I would happy pay ?60 for a copy or a little bit more if it had the Spine Card with it!

Comment

Might be a "shocking" Ebay price - How the hell am i supposed to know!!

Comment

Anyone going to ask the seller?

Comment

Heres's an uber cheap auction on Action52 for the NES, tends to go for ?100 plus (I was outbid at ?25, was hoping to sneak in a cheap bid):

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian View Post
                            Look, that twat spence.77 bought it and is now selling it on with Alien Soldier and Snatcher for over twice the price.

I really can't stand spence.77/yellowkazlee as he seems to buy every Multi Mega and every copy of Shining Force CD and Snatcher out there and then just relists them at ridiculous prices. Thank f*ck he doesn't deal in imports.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                              Atari Jaguar CD units are woth a FORTUNE these days!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ATARI-Jaguar-c...item27b28a2265
                              Blimey, makes me gutted I didn't pick one up off Telegames when they were selling them for £30 new with a bundle of games about seven or eight years ago. But then, if I wasn't prepared to lay down £30 for one, who'd have thunk that people would be paying such crazy prices for them now?

Comment

The joke being that's slightly overpriced... a CD unit is probably worth a hundred or so complete and in good condition.
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X