User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelaa
    good call
    Yeah.. Cammy's stage is one of my favourite tunes ever!

Secret of monkey island 1 and 2 suits the atmosphere
    Agony a old amiga game by psygnosis

The ending theme to Link to the Past is quite ace too.
    And I really like the Rainbow Road theme from Mario 64, as well as the ending theme.
    And the travelling theme from Illusion of Time is lovely and guitary and whistley. Shame you have to listen to the spc to get anything out of it, coz in the game you don't get to hear very much at all.

Excellent thread, vertigo.

I could go on all day with this - but I won't. I'm going to try and follow the rules and be unusual and different if I can.

Soul Edge/Blade (PS, Arcade) - Surely one of the great Namco soundtracks? The stage music for Hwang and Rock - awesome.

Pop 'n' Twinbee (SNES/SFC) - This underrated (imo) shoot-em-up took a lot of flak back in the day, but the music is excellent. Level 2, in particular, is highly recommended.

Soccer Brawl (Neo-Geo) - I like the music that accompanies the 'you win' screen at the end of each match. Nice, cheerful fanfare that gives you a sense of accomplishment.

Raiden (PCE, Arcade) - Excellent music from start to finish. The 'Continue' music is always a head-bopper.

Ridge Racers (PSP) - excellent recreations of classic Rigde Racer tunes - just be sure to listen with headphones!!

Lumines (PSP) - God bless Eri Nobuchika & Mondo Grosso!!

Super Street Fighter 2 X (Arcade) - the tune for the title screen with Ryu, Akuma, Chun-Li & Cammy is awesome - it ALWAYS stops me dead in my tracks whenever I hear it.

Gradius II: Gofer no Yabou (PCE Super CD ROM) - High-quality synth renditions of classic Gradius tunes. Put the CD in your stereo and see what I mean.

I could come up with more, but I'll just put them up on another post on this fine thread.
    Last edited by Nu-Eclipse; 07-10-2005 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nekroxide
    Said it before and I'll say it again, F-Zero X has such class music! Screw playing it, I could just air guitar and be happy.
    It's not that hard to learn those songs in real life. All trilling with a few scales here and there. Nothing much to remember.

One tune i really did like almost forgot it though

Chuck rock opening tune

Ones in bold are my ultimate favourites...

Metroid Prime
    Prime 2: Echoes

(Can't believe these haven't already been mentioned - just goes to show these forums are becoming more 'c**t intensive'.)

Super Metters
    Super Castlevania IV

Starfox Adventures
    Donkey Kong Country 1+2
    Killer Instinct
    Jet Force Gemini
    Perfect Dark

Link to the Past
    Ocarina of Time

Terranigma

Monkey Island games

Biohazard II

Most Tekken tracks.

VF4: Evo (reminds me of driving home from work in Chorley at 2am every night whilst stopping off at the services for a spliff, coffee and a bash on VF4).

F-Zero games (all 4 - GBA has some well 'SNES faithful' tunes)

Ridge Rac0rz

Vampire Chronicle

yeah perfect dark music is ace

also street fighter 2 ken stage