• Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Gameplay.co.uk

One Xbox 360 Console Premium Pack.

No games or other stuff so far.

Comment

Originally posted by lll_r0ssco_lll
      Why are you guys all ordering online? I think thats mental when you order in store you'll be sure to get it on the release day!
      because i dont have to put any money down on it, and can cancel very easily if no games are worth getting when its finally does come out.

and i'd much rather see it arrive in the post the next day than bother queing up in some shop with a million other people...i learnt that lesson a long time ago with the gameboy advance, and i wont be repeating it ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
        because i dont have to put any money down on it, and can cancel very easily if no games are worth getting when its finally does come out.

and i'd much rather see it arrive in the post the next day than bother queing up in some shop with a million other people...i learnt that lesson a long time ago with the gameboy advance, and i wont be repeating it ever.
        I'm just hoping that play will do there usual early dispatching "to make sure you get it for launch day" which could mean that all of us guys that have ordered early online will be sat playing around with our 360's at midnight on launch night, while everyone buying from stores is queuing up freezing their nuts off

I can see me eating my words in three months time already !

Comment

Originally posted by mt50
          yeah it does, i guess he just wants 2 batterys.

i'm going to get the play and charge kit and dvd remote from play as they are a couple of ? cheaper than everywhere else and i can wait the extra few days for things like that
          Hi guys,

Actually that's a good point. The reason I ordered both was because on the gameplay.co.uk website the 'Play And Charge Kit' is listed under the 'Cables' catagory and the battery is listed under the 'Power Packs And Adapters' catagory...

I just automatically thought that because the former was listed under the 'Cables' catagory that it was literally just the cable....but I might be wrong.

I don't want 2 batteries!

EDIT - However, come to think of it... a second battery would come in handy if I end up purchasing a second wireless controller. I would only need one cable to charge them both (charge one while using the other kinda thing)...

I might keep it on my order for now. Flog it on ebay if I don't need it in the end.

Comment

You have to wonder for the sake of 3 quid who is ever going to order just a battery Unless they are prone to meltdown !

Comment

I've been to a couple of midnight things, and they're great. Just get there a bit early, and you're usually home by 1am playing on it. I wouldn't trust the online retailers and the post to get it to me without delays.

Comment

what does the wireless kit do? Does the premium box come with that? (the 60quid bit)?

Also what about region encoding? Anyone ordering from the US?

Comment

I contemplated waiting and picking mine up on launch, but it's totally inpractical given I work nights, and I don't really fancy trying to make my way home from the centre of Bristol at 12pm when there are no buses.

So I preordered mine at Play, along with a VGA cable, Perfect Dark Zero and Dead or Alive 4. Other games will have to wait until Christmas.
                  The only pain with Play is you have to phone them to confirm your card with large orders, I just had to with the 360.

The wireless kit just lets you connect to a wireless router direct. Nice, but expensive for what it is. I'll stick to the old network cable ta.

Comment

got ?220+ credit notes with Gamestation and i've already put down my ?5 on the system

reckon i will get the ?279.99 package and a couple of games on the net

Comment

Originally posted by Shakey_Jake33
                      The only pain with Play is you have to phone them to confirm your card with large orders, I just had to with the 360..
                      Ah so they are not only picking on me

Must admit I presumed the 360 would be wireless out of the box. Anyhows got a ?25 linksys bridge for the current xbox, which should work fine with the 360 as well. Fecked if I'm spending ?60 on the official one !

Comment

Originally posted by Simmy
                        Ah so they are not only picking on me

Must admit I presumed the 360 would be wireless out of the box. Anyhows got a ?25 linksys bridge for the current xbox, which should work fine with the 360 as well. Fecked if I'm spending ?60 on the official one !
                        Feckers, I phoned them, got it all sorted, and just got an email saying my cards been rejected.

Fine, one more customer for GamePlay.

Comment

Ordered this lot from GAME instore earlier (?20 deposit).

Xbox 360 Premium Pack
                          Perfect Dark Zero
                          Ghost Recon
                          Call Of Duty 2
                          Project Gotham 3
                          Battlefield
                          Dead Or Alive 4
                          Plug and Charge kit
                          VGA cable

Thats going to be one expensive day

Comment

I'll probably get it from Gamestation, I did have a couple hundred in credit, but found some good offers (modded PS2 and some games for ?70 credit note on DVDForums) which would make more money.

Now I have ?54 in credit at Gamestation, probably another ?40 or so when I trade in my two Conker: Live and Reloaded's (?94), and GAME are doing an Xbox trade-in offer, ?80 off of a 360 when you trade in your solus Xbox console, so price-match the trade in with Gamestation and add a pound (they beat all trade-in prices by a pound) ?81, so around ?175 already.

I've promised myself I'll spend hardly any cash on the system, if any. So trade in stuff for that, maybe buy one or two games on launch like PDZero and Project Gotham Racing 3, and order any others from Amazon or Gameplay, like Ghost Recon, Call of Duty 2, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Kameo.

Should be sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by NeilMcRae
                              what does the wireless kit do? Does the premium box come with that? (the 60quid bit)?

Also what about region encoding? Anyone ordering from the US?
                              No the wireless kit has to be purchased seperately in both packs. It looks like it's just a PC style USB wireless dongle, the machine itself isn't wireless out the box, in much the way the Xbox couldn't play DVDs out the box.

Region encoding is something that I haven't seen mention at all.

Comment

I've pre-orered via game website and another via game store. Want to get a US machine though as I expect the region encoding to be the same as the current machine at the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X