Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prepare to see some BIG money get thrown at this little beast!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prepare to see some BIG money get thrown at this little beast!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...MakeTrack=true

Yeah, for what it is, you would have thought a few quid would be the limit. But I wouldn't be at all suprised to see it hit several hundred. In fact, I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess at what it might end at. Anyone else want to?!

Tirian
    Last edited by Tirian; 09-05-2005, 22:13.

?77 with 5 days to go?! woah...

i think i remember playing primal rage at the arcades... wasn't it a bit arse?
    is this a great conversion, or is it rare because they buried the rest of them in shame?

Comment

I could fully understand people chucking money at a rare game that was fantastic to play but primal rage was a total turd from start to finish. It was **** in the arcades & **** on every console it was ported to.

A crap game is still crap no matter how rare it is.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku
        A crap game is still crap no matter how rare it is.
        but whoever buys it probably won't play it anyway, bet it goes for about ?150

Comment

Is it really any different from someone who would spend thousands on a Japanese Megadrive Tetris? After all ... its 'just' Tetris.

The point is that as soon as something becomes this rare, how good it is becomes rather irrelevant. The money that gets bandied around is for the collecting value, not for the gaming value.

How much money a retro game is worth depends on both these factors. But the gaming value alone won't get it any higher than about ?80 - ?100, which is the max that you see paid on a regular basis for really good, but not especially rare, games (eg. Panzer Dragoon Saga .. even though it is a bit lower than that at the moment).

The collecting value, well there's no real limit, to be honest. If it is as rare as this, it depends only on how much spare money the people who want to collect it have, and pretty much nothing else.

I do wonder though, once this auction closes, whether a few more copies will surface. I can't help wondering if part of the reason this game is so rare is because no-one outside retro-game communities knows how much it is worth .. and not many of them even know about it!

However, after this auction, half the car-booters and wholesale-warehouse scourers in the land will have an eye out for it ... and every hard up student who ever had a 32X will be checking their loft!

Tirian

Comment

I know the seller... should be interesting!
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I've got a pal edition of this game, sealed

Ebay for me then!

Comment

I think it will go for at least a few hundred quid. The reason is due to the 32X only having a small number of games to collect for it, which means getting an almost full collection of games is within reach for most people. Doesn't matter how wank it is.

Comment

The world has officially gone totally bat**** loco.

Comment

I wouldn't throw my own faeces at that game - let alone BIG money. The reason it is so rare is because most people who bought it originally probably threw the bastard away.

Comment

YAY RRRRAAAAAAARRRRREEE...more ****e games that for some reason can sell for more than a dreamcast and 20 games!?

Comment

Collectability has nothing to do with quality, sadly. Which is why, if you're passionate about videogames, it can become extremely perverse to shell out on something completely ****s0r just because it's rAr3!!!111 (like PAL Taxi on the DC).

Could be worse. Could be 32X Toughman Contest that's impossibly rare.

Comment

?300,i bet you

Comment

It's not as rare as the seller is claiming, he's talking up an auction to appeal to gullible collectors.
                            How can you claim that a game has "Never been on Ebay before"? How long can you search through completed listings? 90 days?

It's a game that does have a low production run thats true but only 1 in existance? Pure lies.

Comment

I think the auction states 2 known copies in existance, emphasis on the known.

Sure there's without doubt other copies out there, but they unknown atm...apparently anyway.

Still I'm sure it'll fetch good money..if I wasn't selling up my 32x I'd have a punt..but then again I'd rather waste that kind of cash of some low quality production japanese acclaim md game..or some sealed pce madness...(both perhaps as ****e and pointless)

Comment

Working...
                              X