No announcement yet.

Customs Charges Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I order ?130 of Vita games from videogamesplus am I going to get ****ed?

Comment

With stuff I've ordered, it seems to go on the size of the package. I've had 40+ GBA games sail through, but when I ordered 170 Famicom games, I got hit, the same as when I got 100+ PS1 games.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
        Never been hit by customs with VGP, and that includes a PS3, a Wii, and a 3DS XL, the three of them shipped via DHL. To be extra sure, ask them to mark the price down, but they should do it by default.

Comment

Ive been put off by their ?30 delivery cost. Am sure they were never that expenisve. It seems cheaper to order everything seperately from them.

Comment

Sounds they automatically switched to DHL due to the number/size/value of the games.

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
              Order them individually.

I ordered a Deluxe Wii U with The Wind Waker HD and a couple of Wii U games and they put the value at $50 - I only paid ?23 in import charges.

Comment

Posting this here rather than creating a new thread.

The other day I ordered a figure from ami ami and it is my first order. My order is sat not processing and it says the shipping is going to be determined. Is it usual for ami ami to take ages processing stuff? Is this just 'how they do'?

Cheers!

Comment

With the last thing i ordered from them it shipped within a few days, if it's taking longer than 3 or 4 days to ship i'd send them an email just to make sure everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
                    The other day I ordered a figure from ami ami and it is my first order. My order is sat not processing and it says the shipping is going to be determined. Is it usual for ami ami to take ages processing stuff? Is this just 'how they do'?
                    AmiAmi are on vacation till the start of the next week, they have a calendar on their main page pointing out days they are closed. So far I've only had preorders with them, and usually they give you the total within one working day they receive whatever you've ordered.

Comment

Ah, that will explain it, cheers!

Comment

Hello guys, I'm new here and I'm really not sure if this is the best thread to ask in, but after looking around I thought I'd try here (sorry if I'm still in the wrong place though)

I moved to Ashford from Belgium recently, finally settled down in my first appartment and stuff. Now I've noticed I have quite a few game collections that I will probably never play anymore, so I'm probably going to sell them. If people are interested in them I'll be glad to put them online here, but since some of the covers/manuals are pure Dutch/French/German I'd thought I'd offer them for sale to my fellow retro collectors back home.

Long story short: I was doubting on what would be the best way to send those games over to Belgium? Do you guys just use Royal Mail or something different? I believe there is no tax when sending to other EU countries, but I'm not really sure?

Anyways, thank you for your time and hopefully someone can educate me on this matter

Comment

Yeah, for small stuff, games etc Royal Mail is fine and reasonably priced to most of Europe.. up to 2kg

There are no customs charges within the EU so no worries there

Comment

Thank you for the answer

Comment

Sorry if this has been asked before but do AmiAmi mark items down in price? I'm not too bothered about getting hit by customs, I just don't want a package in limbo for ages, when it's going to be a surprise gift for the missus. It's a fairly substantial statue will that make it more likely for customs to hold it?

Comment

Ususally when things go through customs it's the declaration that makes them pay attention the size doesn't seem to matter as much. The main thing is if you can get it marked down, some import places will let you but not asked amiami to do it so with my orders in the past, but i'm curious if you are able to would be good to find out from someone.

I marked down my arcade sized Taiko no tatsujin controller to ?13 and the box for that is massive & it weighs 5kg and the customs people paid it no attention, i was convinced that the size would make them interested but it seems not.

Comment

Working...
                                X