No announcement yet.

"Regrets - I've had a few..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely my biggest regret is selling my mint Super Famicom and PC Engine collections back in the mid '90s to fund an increasing Laserdisc habit.

I've pretty much bought them all back now (and more ) but its been a huge struggle to get them again in anything like the original condition, especially the cardboard boxes of the SFC stuff.

Comment

Hah! And how much did you end up flogging your LDs for? I got back ?250 from an approx ?4000 investment (inc. player)...

Far worse than any gaming regrets...

Comment

Still got the vast majority of them thankfully.

I don't think we will ever see a more gorgeous format ever again. Items such as my silver Toy Story boxset, Jpn Beauty & The Beast boxset and many of the Criterion Collection stuff i hold very dear to my heart. DVDs or their eventual replacements will never have the same charm or elitist kudos that Laserdiscs have in spades.

Comment

I just couldn't justify keeping them - they used up so much space! I do miss my Star Wars Definitive set and my Criterion Killer...

Comment

Same as most people really; sold NES/Master system stuff to get SNES/MD.

I had an impressive SNES collection; all PAL, but everything was mint. That all went for an n64. Same with the MD collection to get a Playstation.

Gah, not to mention having about two dozen n64 games that I practically cleared out by selling when I wanted money for CDs or something.

I've also lost an Amiga, original Gameboy and Game Gear along the way.

The only thing I don't regret getting rid of is the Playstation, which I pretty much swapped for a Dreamcast on its release.

And to think I almost sold my (then pretty small) Saturn stuff to some guy at school.

Comment

biggest regret

walking into dixons and they had a shelf full of pocket reversi's

for ?14.99 each - just as the pocket was going under and just before snk recalled them all

what a feckin goldmine

Comment

I've sold loads of stuff I would rather have kept, but my biggest regret was selling my minty SNES collection to fund the purchase of a -get this- Amiga 1200. Worst mistake ever!

Comment

Don't regret selling console games i got rid of (needed me next VG fix), never completely sold up to finance another console but when i got rid of me c64 to get an a500 i regretted it immediately and got another, can't live without SID!!!
                  As someone said earlier most of the stuff is cheaper to buy back nowerdays, with a few exceptions.

Comment

Swopping my SNES with 19 boxed games, scope, 2 official standard joypads, 2 programmable joypads (?50 each as I remember). All boxed, all mint, instructions etc.

(bare in mind this was when SNES games were still ?50)

For .......(I hate to say this, it brings back bad memories after all this time)

A second hand Amiga 1200 with a few games

ARRRGGHHHH !!!

*sad Hyst*

;(

Comment

Kubrick -

Rofl !

We both had the same stupid idea !

Comment

Wherever possible I've tried to hold onto every game I've bought so have never really regretted selling anything, apart from a load of mint PAL SNES games sold to a cash-converter type shop about 8/9 years ago. I think I got about 4 or 5 quid a piece for them and included such classics as Mario All-Stars, Zombies, Actraiser, Starwing....

I missed out on a mint second-hand Samba box set in my local Game a few years ago. I think it was on sale for about ?40. Idiot.

Oh, and I once came across a shop selling a bunch of UK NGPC games for dirt cheap including, if memory serves, Cotton and Faselei!. I bought a couple - Sonic and Metal Slug 2nd Mission thinking that I'd come back later to buy the rest. Of course when I returned a couple of weeks later they were all gone.

Comment

I sold my snes plus games (including mint Mana, FF3, Chrono and Zelda) in order to purchase a Playstation.
                          Looking back this is without a doubt the reason I now collect videogames! I was heartbroken for years

Comment

I never sell my consoles, but I do have some regrets.

My SuperFamicom launch machine is in really bad condition. I don't know why I treated it so bad, it looks so messed-up, I just didn't have respect for things as a kid.

My SuperFamicom boxes are all crumpled and the insides are gone. I used to take the cartridge out and bung the boxes in draws; basically I didn't give a damn about them.

My Saturn doesn't work properly, because I treated it badly. This really pisses me off because its all chipped and swtiched for 60hz and regions.

Since the N64 though, when I grew-up, I have treated things like gold. All my collection is prestine and I treasure things much more.

Comment

I remember 2 terrible trade-in ideas. I traded a megadrive 2, Mega-CD1, the Menacer scope, around 20 odd games (none of which I can remember tbh) a SNES, a super-gameboy, the SNES scope thing + some games to fund my Saturn.

Then like an IDIOT I traded my Saturn with Nights, Burning Rangers, and 15 other games to buy a PS1 and FF7.

Burning Rangers alone costs more on Ebay than FF7 does. A very bad trade in my eyes. And then passing up the chance to buy BR again for the measly price of ?18. I'm such a nutter.

~~kizzycrew

Comment

My biggest regret was not buying a second-hand Suikoden 2.... for ?15.

Instead I rented it, and I didn't even play it then. The horror! :'(

Comment

Working...
                                X