Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what JAP version of batman forever?????

Comment

yeh..jp version.

Pal costs a couple of ??, jp a LOT more

Comment

Don't know much about PAL stuff, but back in day 'Land Stalker' was considered a rare title on PAL MD.

Is it still today?

Comment

Rare? Not really. Pricey? Can be .. ranges from ?15 - ?30 at the moment. Usually nearer the ?30 mark ...

Tirian

Comment

Originally posted by Tirian
            Rare? Not really. Pricey? Can be .. ranges from ?15 - ?30 at the moment. Usually nearer the ?30 mark ...

Tirian
            ah ok cool

Comment

Lets put the argument to rest! What is the rarest PAL Megadrive game ever??

So it likes there aren't really any rare PAL MD Games?

Comment

If you mean as any as rare as the rarest Jap titles, then the answer is no, there aren't.

However, if you included Brazilian PAL, I think Nightmare Circus could be a definite contender. Again, other than that, there's nothing on the same level.

If you start talking Mega CD then there are a few games that start to approach that level. In fact, I think there are more rare PAL Mega CD games than Jap ones ...

Tirian

Comment

Tirian
                  a little steep I reckon..its common as much surely!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Bradbury
                    Sos, just one of those flippent 5 seconds.

It's strange how titles from different regions are rare. I couldn't believe it when someone said that the JAP Comix Zone was a rare game. Interesting topic, on with the debate.
                    Hiliarious side note; In Japan I saw quite a few copies of Comix Zone selling for ?100+... except they were all American copies

Comment

If you mean as any as rare as the rarest Jap titles, then the answer is no, there aren't.

However, if you included Brazilian PAL, I think Nightmare Circus could be a definite contender. Again, other than that, there's nothing on the same level.

If you start talking Mega CD then there are a few games that start to approach that level. In fact, I think there are more rare PAL Mega CD games than Jap ones ...

Tirian
                      so what are these rare Mega CD games on PAL then?????????

Comment

On PAL Fatal Fury Special, Adventures of Batman n Robin.........Markos Football too I think.

Comment

It's not expensive, but I think the European release of Worms had a very short print run. But I'd rather have a copy of Slap Fight.

Comment

Yeah, Landstalker is pretty common .. but that doesn't stop it from getting a high price, it seems. It was around the ?30 mark on ebay for a good long while. It may have slipped back down a bit recently, but I wouldn't be suprised to see it go for that much still.

As for rare PAL Mega CD games .. basically, all the Domark releases, and the Capcom fighters, and Adventures of Batman and Robin. You can probably include the Smurfs game too. The Domark games being Syndicate, Marko's Magic Football, Theme Park and Battle Frenzy (aka Bloodshot). The Capcom fighters: Fatal Fury Special and Samurai Shodown.

You might also include the Good Deal Games releases of Bug Blasters and Star Strike. These were games that were originally NTSC only, but GDD released PAL versions in 2003 - at the same time as they released NTSC versions of Battle Frenzy and Marko, which were previously PAL only. The PAL re-releases allegedly only had a single figure print run, and have not been reprinted due to lack of demand for the first batch. They are technically the rarest PAL Mega CD games, but it's a gray area, as if the demand surfaced then they could be reprinted at any time ...

Tirian

Comment

Asterix III : Power Of The Gods is one of the rarest, apart from the copy i had for a birthday prezzie when i was about 10, i've seen 2 over copies, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plisken
                                Asterix III : Power Of The Gods is one of the rarest, apart from the copy i had for a birthday prezzie when i was about 10, i've seen 2 over copies, that's it.
                                Yeah, it's pretty uncommon .. but I have seen quite a few copies of it. If you know where to look, it's not too hard

Give me a month and I could pretty much guarantee to get you a copy. In fact, give me 24 hours and I am pretty sure I could find you one. I would say there are plenty of harder to find games ... The Punisher, Spiderman : Animated Adventures, Death & Return of Superman, Fatal Fury 2 are all harder to find IMO. And also the black cover version of Havoc, with the Skull and Crossbones on .. that one is pretty rare too.

Tirian

Comment

Working...
                                X