Not a massive fan of the MegaDrive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wheelaa
    cdz shmeedz - still sucks imho..especially as you know that for every game bar 5 or 6 you can get it on a nice quick to load, sexy looking cart, be it aes or mvs.
    *Pisses in Wheelaa's pint

NGCD IS A CLASSIC!

Comment

the cd wasn't bad just don't use it for the fighters, the neo cd version of metal slug was even better than the saturn version. But when the word neo is used think of the aes and mvs, by the way the metal slug series blows away all of the md's efforts.

Comment

I got my NEO CD on import when it came out, ripped open packaging all excited slapped in fighter(Can't remember which one) faced with monkey juggling loading times between each bout, i was like then did a special move and OMG it had to load it!

I had to laugh!

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9425

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09
          *Pisses in Wheelaa's pint

NGCD IS A CLASSIC WASTE OF TIME!
          Yummy..cheers..more please.

But when the word neo is used think of the aes and mvs,
          Exactamundo

by the way the metal slug series blows away all of the md's efforts.
          Gunstar Heroes

Comment

including gunstar heroes

Comment

Bollocks!!! Gunstar Heroes is miles better than Metal Slug! Metal Slug has better visuals but GH is a better game. Alien Soldier is also a better game.

Comment

GH is the best platform shooter I've ever played - there's no need to bring TF4 into at all.

Comment

no way is gunstar heroes better than the metal slugs, it can never touch metal slug 3. Alien soldier? are you having a laugh? It's just another decent treasure game that just because it's made by treasure everyone seems to think it's mana from heaven, same goes for gunstar heroes.

Both games are well overrated

Comment

Originally posted by 2FreshRecords
                    Well they both get dumped on by WindsOfThunder anyways
                    Please..what planet did you wake up on today.

Also don't get me wrong..I'm a serious slug fan, serious fan..pretty much my sole reason for getting into aes. But gunstar heroes is superior without a doubt. I could live without ever playing a slug again..but life without Gunstar would be unbearable.
                    Last edited by wheelaa; 02-02-2005, 15:22.

Comment

Originally posted by 2FreshRecords
                      Planet Hardcore Clown

Comment

no way is gunstar heroes better than the metal slugs, it can never touch metal slug 3
                        When did we start talking about MS3? The original post was comparing it to MS1...I'm sure that if Treasure did another GH game today it would be as good as MS3. You can't compare two games that are almost a decade apart from each other...but having said that I still prefer GH, I've got MS3 and it's alright for a quick blast, nothing else. GH is legend, chum.

It's just another decent treasure game that just because it's made by treasure everyone seems to think it's mana from heaven, same goes for gunstar heroes
                        Treasure make good games (most of the time - they've done some stinkers, just like everyone else). People rate them because of this. Alien Soldier is underrated IMO, most people haven't played it because it's so hard to come by. As a game, it's a total rush...how they managed to get a Megadrive to do that I'll never know.

Comment

Another vote here for Gunstar Heroes as being much better as a platform shooter then Metal Slug. Granted Metal Slug is a good game but it doesn't have the depth or pace as Gunstar Heroes, the days when Treasure were original and good...

Comment

'Not a massive fan of the MegaDriive'

What kind of sad **** posts this pathetic pointless rubbish? I'm not a big fan of your dirty underwear, am I to post a thread about it in which I can indulge others in my pathetic twist on self-indulgence as you have?

Comment

Originally posted by Naouruki
                              'Not a massive fan of the MegaDriive'

What kind of sad **** posts this pathetic pointless rubbish? I'm not a big fan of your dirty underwear, am I to post a thread about it in which I can indulge others in my pathetic twist on self-indulgence as you have?
                              And this brings what to the table exactly?

I have to agree re GH/Ms. Gunstar Heroes is by far the better game. The diversity in gameplay puts it head and shoulders above every platform shooter. The minecart level boss still brings a huge grin to my face.

Jay

Comment

Working...
                              X