No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, that my WWE network cancelled, a free royal rumble and getting to watch some old ppv's a bargain.

Main reason I cancelled was just how **** that rumble was thanks to the creative team just ****ting all over the fans, it was a rerun of the booing from Bootista-rumble last year but way more intense and for well over the half the match instead of at the end when batista came out during 2014's rumble. Not only did they crap on

DBry, they made Bray, Ambose and Ziggler look like idiots while putting those young up and comers Local Giant and Kane over, to be fair I was laughing all the way through once DB got kicked just to how bad that crowd turned to point that the even your most over legend only got a brief pop before being booed intensely.

If your going to watch the rumble as you had the network for free, the Title Defence was a fantastic match and worth the watch. Such a fantastic effort from all 3 lads.

Also got to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9, not watched any JP wrestling shows in decade so had no idea who the stars are anymore, but oh my the last 2 matches on the card are brilliant and I say im now a Shinsuke Nakamura fan.

Comment

I'm sure this thread is missing a bunch of posts that the blip deleted....

Only follow wrestling nowadays through the occasional podcast while working, OSW reviews when they put a rare video out and pirate streams of royal rumble/Wrestlemania which have been massively disappointing for years now.

But i did catch last sundays AEW/NJPW crossover (on pirate streams) after a friend said it was very good, and it turned out to be true. Haven't watched much AEW since the first few PPV's and i did about 3 months of the NJPW streaming service 2 years ago where only wrestle kingdom seeming to be the only interesting event so stopped that. Back to last sunday ppv, alot of fun matches and a hot crowd for most of it, really enjoyed the opener with Jericho/Suzuki/some lacky vs Yuta/Kingston/Umino and Stings tag match which is the best i've seen him move since wcw closed.

Comment

I am a lapsed wrestling fan. I haven't really watched any WWE in close to 20 years, except the wrestlemania held behind closed doors during lockdown. I was hopeful AEW would become a nice WcW type alternative. It hasn't really happened. The only similarity is the bloated roster. It doesn't hold my attention anyway. I do watch NJPW from time to time and have to admit that Forbidden Door was an excellent show. I went in with low expectations as due to injuries it felt like the B team were showing up. However it was excellent from start to finish.

I also recently enjoyed Slammiversary. Impact (TNA) has certainly had its ups and downs but the 20 year anniversary show was very nostalgic reminding me of catching early shows on the wrestling channel.

Comment

I used to watch WWE but these days I mainly watch Stardom and sometimes NJPW, I pretty much quit watching WWE in 2016 when I found NJPW and Stardom. I too enjoyed the AEW/NJPW show, great matches but more so it was great to hear Shibata's entrance music again.

From past weekend Stardom Fight In The Top was great. My favourite from that card was Tam Nakano vs Natsupoi cage match.

Comment

Well unthinkable has happened Vince McMahon has retired https://www.foxnews.com/sports/vince...id-scandal.amp

I guess the scandal pushed him to it as I and most people expected him to be there until his end, I do wonder if he will still act as an advisor

Comment

Hopefully someone takes over that makes it a bit more adult again. It can't go back to the roid taking days, but maybe have one foot in the attitude era.

Comment

Absolutely. Vince retiring and Brock walking out in the same evening is a shocker. One scandal too far for Vince. He just isn't above the law this time.

Comment

Not watched wrestling that much in past few years, got sick of WWE relying on the same few big names. Amount of times i see...Brock returning and I keep thinking he has barely been gone a month lol, I personally think Brock is way overrated I know Vince loves that look but there are so many wrestlers I would rather see

Comment

Went to the AEW all in event in Wembley, alot of fun, alot of singing and shouting in an incredible atmosphere all the way through.

I doubt when when they show it on TV in the Uk on Thursday (one of the ITV channels) they'll probably edit out the crowd singing "Wheelers got a gun, na na nana" to the tune of Brown Girl in the Ring.

Comment

Working...
                    X