No announcement yet.

Official wrestling thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait for Carlito its going to be brilliant i have a feeling he is going to take tho piss out of everybody like the Rock.

Comment

What happened to the Big Boss Man? Does anyone remember the PPV a few years back when the title match was The Big Show against The Big Boss Man? Worst title match ever.

Anyhow I haven't watched wrestling in ages. It became a bit crap once the McMahon and Austin feud ended 5 or 6 years ago.

Comment

I think somebody told my he died but i'm not sure on that

Comment

Whos Carlito?

Big Boss Man did die, he was in talks to go back to the WWE at the time as well.
          NWA:TNA has its moments but its WWE Lite, bad storylines and bad wrestling (despite having great talent). Its X division matches are brilliant though, showcasing the talented wrestlers while Jeff Jarret (the HHH of TNA) gets all the main even time. I think theyve introduced a 6 sided ring now as well.

You can catch NWA:TNA on TWC as well, its on tonight at 9pm.

Comment

bog boss man aka ray traylor died of a massive heart attack last week
            tursday epiosode of smackdown was dedicated to him

and carlito?
            hes a new wrestler who has only appeared in promos during smackdown shows
            hes from the carribean and ''he spits in the face-of those who dont want to be cool''
            and this week he will make his smackdown debuet

Comment

Not quite sure about Carlito tbh. He could go the way of Mordecai and be a bit ass really so il wait and see. If he can be as good as the Rock when The Rock was a heel then that would be something. Could never stand him as a face really.
              What did everyone think of No Mercy btw? Some good matches really and only 1 real duff one (mixed tag match) . London/Kidman one was surprisingly good. London especially was very good. Doing some rather risky moves and putting his body on the line for what in reality wasnt all that big a match. Anyone see him break his nose the week before? Ooooof should have watched where he was going and remembered to have ducked that little bit earlier tbh. The JBL/taker match was decent too. Both wrestlers have no stamina so the match wasnt overly long but there was some pretty impressive parts to the match. I quite like JBL even though some dont. fair play to him if hes made the right friends within the WWE management. Those wrestlers unnoficially grumbling about it are probably only regretting the fact that they didnt do it before he did.

Comment

Paul London is a legend, in his days with RoH he put on some great matches (the best of which was an epic 60min 2/3 falls match with Bryan Danielson). He did some insane stunts as well including running up a ladder set up in the corner and doing a flip halfway down the aisle off it.

Comment

remember his first match in the wwe?
                  macmahon gave him a wwe title shot against brock lesner
                  of course lesner destroyed him
                  still funny though
                  didnt see no mercy but got all the results
                  next up is taboo tuesday- not really sure about it especially the kane/snitsky storyline- its gone too far

Comment

The WWE turns to **** pretty much every time Austin isn't around, they should steal AJ Styles from TNA, he's one of the most impressive wrestlers I've ever seen.

Theres an hour plus long video of this years Smackdown Your Vote debate on WWE.com that's pretty interesting, Mick Foley is a better public speaker than either the politicians or uni students that take part in the debate.
                    Last edited by Nisa; 06-10-2004, 22:18.

Comment

Speaking of the WWE. I'm off to see it in Sheffield tonight. I've got my giant foam finger ready. And I've been practicing my woooooo's.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisa
                        The WWE turns to **** pretty much every time Austin isn't around, they should steal AJ Styles from TNA, he's one of the most impressive wrestlers I've ever seen.

Theres an hour plus long video of this years Smackdown Your Vote debate on WWE.com that's pretty interesting, Mick Foley is a better public speaker than either the politicians or uni students that take part in the debate.
                        The WWE actually offered Styles a development contract but he turned it down because he is better than that.

Ish, you taking any signs? I was thinking of going to Raw live in Manchester but dunno if I cba to travel all that way to see Kane vs Gene Snitski.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                          Speaking of the WWE. I'm off to see it in Sheffield tonight. I've got my giant foam finger ready. And I've been practicing my woooooo's.

i hate you
                          im stuck here in ireland talking about it while youre going to watch it
                          damn you!!!!!!

Comment

Suffice to say it was ace. Flair was genius, Stacy Kiebler was freakishly tall.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympichero
                              The WWE actually offered Styles a development contract but he turned it down because he is better than that.
                              In reality he turned it down because alls he'd get would be a run with Mysterio which hed eventually lose anyway. Apparently when the 'total package' turned up at TNA he made styles look a bit silly in terms of size. I still like Styles though, the little ive saw of him anyway.
                              Im going to see the WWE tonight at wembley, should be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
                                Flair on this weeks Raw (not shown yet) was bizarre. He started on about how many virgins he'd made bleed while doing his strut. Although it can be hard to tell (apart from the hammy acting) but apparently it was ad libbed and there was a right uproar when he got off stage.
                                To be fair, from how I read it Flair was using a metaphor to describe the amount of young wrestlers he had made bleed in the ring. He didn't mean "I have made x amount of young girls bleed taking their virginity". Obviously it was cleverly worded to imply that.

Comment

Working...
                                X