No announcement yet.

time to brag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i got a boxed streetfighter collection (saturn, jap) for free last week for free from a retail shop, due to a pricing error causing the game to be ?0.00p. the box is a bit tatty (little crack and general scuffs) however the instructions are mint and so are the cd's

hasnt got a spine but then, i'm no collector. it's one of four games i've picked up over the last few months to motivate me into buying a saturn again (the other three are us nights w/pad, jap sega rally and jap vf remix). thus, i got so motivated, i've now got two uk saturns, ripe for country modding as soon as i visit maplin on monday to get some bits (strip board, resistors and a hex inverter)

oh and speaking of cheapness, i got a powermac g3/500 with 256mb ram, 6gb and 15gb scsi hdds, dvd rom and zip drive, working too, for ?5 on friday. how's that for a bargain?

Comment

edit - wrong thread.

Comment

I got Panzer Dragoon Saga in mint condition for 4 pounds. I also got it again twice for some mates at that same price - needless to say, I feel a little bitter about that now, especially as they've never bothered to play them. Gah!

Comment

omg

my m8 got two mont boxed virtual on twin sticks for dc for ?2 each

Comment

I picked up mint copies of Snatcher and Shining Force for the Mega CD for a quid each, sold them on eBay for about 70 each. I also found a mint boxed pair of official infrared Saturn joypads for a fiver, which also sold for 65 quid on eBay.

Comment

I got a mint copy of Shining Force CD for ?3 from my local Cash Converters and sold it for many, many more times that...that was going on six or seven years ago though now...

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I've found Dark Stalkers and R-Type Delta for PS1 (both PAL, both VERY GOOD conditions: DS has still a registration card inside the manual) for 7.50 Euros each.

The secret is the shop is a Comics Shop, not a VG shop, but it takes used VGs sometimes. The beautiful thing is, no-one in that shop has an idea on what they're taking/selling

Still hoping to find Kula World for a similar price one of these days...

Comment

Boxed Virtual Boy with 3 games ?5
                  Snatcher Mint 50p
                  Secret of Mana ?5

Some of my finds from my local car boot sales over the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
                    So if he paid under a fiver for it, then...
                    I think you'll find not.

Comment

6 quid then.

Found the Japanese Samba de Amigo controller for around 8 quid in a real shop too. ^_^

Comment

Gcon with time crisis, Point Blank & point blank 2, ?20.

Comment

Bought a few Saturn games today. Two were a little pricey while two of them together were cheaper than a can of Coca Cola. No prizes for guessing which are the cheap games :-D

Revolution X (Total ****e) and Christmas NiGHTS (25 pence each)

Prikara Daisakusen (Complete with 1997 calendar) 7 pounds 50 pence

Soukyugurentai (Very nice and rareish Shooter by Raizing) 6pounds 50 pence

Yakumo

Last edited by Yakumo; 24-09-2004, 19:52. Reason: more cheap goodies

Comment

Originally posted by Gabbi
                            A couple of weeks ago I've found Dark Stalkers and R-Type Delta for PS1 (both PAL, both VERY GOOD conditions: DS has still a registration card inside the manual) for 7.50 Euros each.

The secret is the shop is a Comics Shop, not a VG shop, but it takes used VGs sometimes. The beautiful thing is, no-one in that shop has an idea on what they're taking/selling

Still hoping to find Kula World for a similar price one of these days...
                            I picked up a very good condition darkstalkers today for ?2, also star ocean the second story mint for ?15 among lots of other bargains today.

Comment

JP Playstation Toaplan Shooting Battle for ?13.65 (mint, but no spine card)

Comment

whats with these pounds bollocks? If you paid $ or yen for them then say the Yen and dollar amounts.

And what the **** is rare about Soukyugurentai? Seen it in every shop I've ever been to and seen it enough in the UK.

Comment

Working...
                                X