The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Mean Machines Archive

Shameless plugging of my site here...give it five minutes of your time, you might like it.

It's looking good my friend, can't wait until you have all the scans on there! Maybe also a searchable database of all MM reviews, that'd be great!

Comment

Dude - that is excellent - only had a quick look but has brought back tons of memories for me - I've still got my issue 15 with the Mario hologram on the front somewhere - chucked the rest away like the fool I am. Seeing the scans of a couple of the reviews was a very nice surprise. Will check back regularly for progress.

Comment

Great stuff there man - i have just read the excellent SF2 review

Comment

I've been thinking about doing something similsr for some time but couldn't be bothered. I even asked Jaz Rignal if he knew of a site. So good on you. I shall be a regular over there.

Comment

Just to add, I may create a reviews database of my own from what you've got and the issues I've got. Don't know what form it'll be in yet but I'll start on it when I've finished updating the edge one.

Comment

Great stuff - bringing back loads of sweet memories

Comment

Thanks for the kind comments, guys - it makes it all worthwhile.

The updates have slowed down a bit as I've just started a new job and time is a little short at the moment. I've also lost my scanner to the great computer parts heaven in the sky, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to post any more reviews. I'd like to post PDF reviews at some point, but I've only got 50 meg of space to play with - I don't suppose anyone would be able to point me in the direction of a decent host?

Fingers crossed there should be some input for ex-MM staffers soon - I've gotten in touch with Ed Lomas of CVG fame, and he says he's still in touch with Radion Automatic, who has seen the site and likes it. Hopefully he'll get in touch! I'm not holding my breath, though...

Superstarbeejay - Is your EDGE reviews database online? I'd love to see that! I still have all my EDGE issues stored away, right back to issue one, and I often wonder what score certain games got - your database would save me looking through all those issues! Also, when did you contact Jaz Rignall? I've been trying to get in touch with him for ages, I've contact his last place of work, Unrivaled Entertainment, but he left there recently and they don't know where he's gone.

Comment

I've just stolen the edge reviews database from the earl online guy as he stopped updating it at some point last year. I'm in the process of updating it and will put it on my site when it's done.

On the Jaz Rignal thing it was about a year ago, there was a link on some website to e-mail him. I don't remember what the site was so I can't help you with that.

Comment

Duddyroar, that's a wonderful site that you've made there. Brought back some great memories of the Mean machine days. Do you also remember the Mega Drive only magazine of the time called Megatech? I have 5 issues upstairs in the loft if they are of any interest to you.

There is one thing missing from your Mean Machines issue collection and that's the almighty issue 0 !! Pictured below.

Yakumo

Comment

Awesome site man. Brought back some great memories. :')

Comment

I don't have my copy of issue zero anymore - it was given away free with issue 15. I've got a cover scan on the site somewhere, though. I do recall Megatech - Paul Glancey was the editor. It was a decent little magazine. What do you want for those issues of Megatech?

Comment

Yeah, decent site. Makes me feel all retro at heart.

I was planning on playing WE8 again tonight, I might plug in the SNES and MD instead and play SoR, Area 88, SMW, SFII etc...

It's too bad the mag didn't last as long as the 16-bit generation. MMS and NMS were a bit wank in comparison.

Comment

Good site I have just been reading the street fighter 2 scans.

It would be wonderful for scans of old magazines on the net but of couse the copyright issue would be a problem.

Comment

Copyright shouldn't be that much of an issue...so long as the site isn't making a profit out of the scans, and credits are given, I would have thought it would be ok. Besides, it's not like you can go out and buy a copy of MM from your local newsagent, is it? EMAP, the company that published MM, are not very likely to kick up a stink. The only videogames magazine they produce now is Official Nintendo Magazine - MM is a distant memory to them now.

To cover myself I put 'For educational purposes only' on the home page...

Comment

Working...
                              X