No announcement yet.

The Mean Machines Archive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG! What a great site. Its fantastic to see what those guys got up to after Mean Machines, especially Jazza and Radion lol.

Also glad to see theres ppl like me out there who hoard videogame magazines

Ive got issues 15-24 (I thought i bought MM from earlier issues - might have some somewhere else) and a 'Best of Mean Machines' compilation of issues 1-5.

I even had the infamous Jazza Rignall t-shirt (got it for free as a friends parents knew someone who knew someone etc).

Ive also got tons of other mags from that era, CVG, Superplay, EGM, and some other wannabe mags that died if your interested.

Let me know if u need any scans.
    Keep up the good work.

Comment

On a related note found these in my cupboard tonight!

Character art from the handbook.

Click 'em for bigger versions!
      Last edited by yashiro; 10-09-2004, 01:30.

Comment

capcom's artwork is amazing.

Comment

Indeed it is...thanks for sharing those with us, yashiro!

I've gotten in touch with Oz Browne who designed Mean Machines (as well as Mean Machines Sega and NMS in the beginning). Fingers crossed I'll be getting his replies back soon so there will be another interview posted up!

Watch this space!

Comment

My favourite issue of any magazine EVER.

Comment

I'm sure I've still got that guide book (with the art) somewhere at home too
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

here's that complete mean machines blue cover

i too have the Streetfighter collection here, awesome art!
                mud

Comment

Originally posted by VoyagerFX
                  Great stuff there man - i have just read the excellent SF2 review
                  ive still got that issue at home,its the only one i have mind you

ahh the memories

Comment

Anyone have any idea what the Mega CD video they did is worth, as I found mine today while clearing out some stuffs.

Comment

Duddyroar your site totally ROCKS!!!

Its so pro, its probably one of the best sites I have seen. Love everything about it, the staff section is great, those guys were my heroes as a little kid.

You have made many people very happy, cheers!!!

Comment

Glad to have helped, mate.

Andy - It's probably worth bugger all, most of the videos they gave away free can be found in charity shops up and down the country.

Comment

Another update - the Oz Browne interview is online! It's not quite as in-depth as the Gus Swan interview, but I think Oz was at work when he wrote the replies so he didn't really have a great deal of time.

Comment

Another update...sorry for dragging this topic up all the time but I want to keep interest in the site going!

First bit of BIG news - the site will be featured in the Retro section of the November issue of GamesTM, which should help push the hit count up.

Second bit of BIG news - tomorrow night all being well I will be posting up the Richard Leadbetter interview! Trust me this one is a real gem, it's MASSIVE and Rich covers subjects ranging from his time with CVG, MM and Sega Saturn Magazine, the events surrounding the desmise of Maximum magazine and his thoughts on Sega's recent fall from grace! It should be posted tomorrow if I have the time.

Watch this space!!

Comment

Heh, great great site that has bought back many many memories

I got my bit warm and fuzzy inside when I realised I still have the pictured issues of the complete guide to videogames, CVG, and Super Play (only missing one issue), as well as issues of Mean Machines back as far as #12. It also made me try and think how old I must've been when a lot of these came out. Not very old, I'll tell you that much.

Comment

Again echo all the comments, great site mate nicely presented . Thats it!,i am off to get a MD in Akihabara today...any reccommendations guys of some Japanese titles?

Comment

Working...
                                X