Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker Stands

Hallo,

I'm after some stands for my Eltax Monitor IIIs, 600mm+ height and around ?50 (more or less is fine).

Anyone bought some recently, know of any which are good?

Point to note is that my speakers have a downward firing bass port so I need to stand them on their spikes, which means the top plate must be 160mm*145mm or more.

I've got some of their rear speaker stands. Well designed and manufactured.

Comment

And Argos sell them.

cheers!

Comment

Alphason stands are very good

I've got a pair of these:

and they are fantastic. I noticed an instant improvement over my previous stands (which were pretty crap), they look great and were certainly worth buying. The Akros are insanely easy to put together (under 2 minutes per stand) and they are damn sturdy (which is the reason I wanted to upgrade).

They also fit within your specification (they're 165mm (6.5") x 145mm (5.5")). I paid ?40 for them from Comet

Comment

So what are the benefit for speaker stand ? Just interested.

Comment

Much much sharper and crisper sound. If you think about it, a speaker is producing a vibration, and if it's vibrating itself, then it's not going to produce the cleanest vibration you can.
            If you don't believe me, stick some blue tac under the four corners of your speakers and tell me if you don't hear a difference...

Comment

The much more important reason for me getting these stands is that mine are on the floor at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
                The much more important reason for me getting these stands is that mine are on the floor at the moment!
                Thats a bloody good reason to want some speaker stands, i can also recommend Alphason Design speaker stands, i had a pair a few years ago for some Mordant Short 20i pearl speakers and they made a big difference in the sound.
                I think they were about ?50 and worth every penny(until i sold them)

Comment

Working...
                X