No announcement yet.

Paper Mario 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The people you can attack in the crowd, are like...buddies of the enemy you are fighting. They throw **** at you and try and help the person you're fighting.
    You can get help from the crowd too, by using the Flag command, then the hand icon. Your character will wave to the crowd, and your star guage will fill up with more stars (if it wasn't already full)

Comment

Ha. These bad boys are well hard. You can harm them with counters, but they're so hard to pull off.

I've noticed some enemies have items behind them, but I can't seem to pick them up.

Lovely game isn't it Kubrick?

One Q for you, what exactly is BP? I've had the chance to upgrade either health, FP or BP. I think FP is special attacks, but what is BP?

Comment

Yeah, it's great, and I don't even usually care for RPGs.
        The items behind them, are what they have available to use against you during the battle I think.

Comment

If the script in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is anything to go by, I'll definitely be waiting until it's appearance on western shelves.

Any proficient Japanese speakers able to confirm that the script is up their with Superstar Saga in terms of 'funee's'?

Although some of those screenshots look beautiful which makes me think it'd be worth buying the Japanese version just for the eye-candy.

BUT NO, I must be strong...

Comment

BP = Badge Points. You can find and buy all sorts of badges in the game which have special abilities (Some can heal you automatically during battle etc if you wear them).
            You can only wear so many though. 3BP means you can wear 3 1point badges (or 1 badge with a 3 point value) that's it.

I've got quite a few, I just wish I knew what some of them are actually for.

Comment

Can you upgrade your other characters? Because when I get a level up, it's always Mario who can have the higher HP etc.

Comment

you level up the other characters by using shines.
                if you go to the first town, you can see a house with the symbol above the door...talk to that guy from over the table and you can choose which character to level up. (3 shines each level)

i've just completed the second chapter, which was loads easier than the first, and had some really cool puzzles in it, looks like switching around between characters will increase as you get more.

i'm really loving it now, cant wait to start the 3rd chapter tommorrow.

Comment

Ah, cheers dude.

I've only got two shines, I could really with a level up now. I've found this dungeon where the enemies get harder and harder, and I've got a new Hammer. It's totally ace.

I might go back now and try and get further down in thet dungeon, though it's getting pretty tricky now.

Comment

I think I know the dungeon you mean. You can pay some coins to a dude near the top and warp straight to level 10 in there.

Comment

You see, I can't do that every time. But i've met that same bloke and gone down 5 levels at a time. Which is pretty ace.

I was playing untill 2am this morning in that dungeon, I had 6 bits of health for 5 dungeons levels, it was so intense, but then I died.

I seriously need to get some shines, but i've like only found 2. Marios on level 6 and the rest are on nothing.

Plus, I don't know where to go now.

Comment

For some reason. My other charactor has just gained 5 HP, aswell as Mario.

Weird.

Anyhoo, i'm lost now. I think I need to go find the Dragon, but I have no idea where to go to find him.

Comment

Just realised is was an item I had equiped.

Ok, I need some help. I'm completely lost and have no clue where to go. I've got the paper ability so I can go through narrow places, but now I don't have a clue where to go. I got it from the castle, but there was no dragon.

Any ideas where I should be heading too next?

Theres also these like palets in the water, wooden ones, like small rafts, do you have to have a certain ability to ride them?
                          Last edited by Guest; 27-07-2004, 16:04.

Comment

i've forgotten the order of things already.
                            have you used the sun and moon things to get to the main castle yet?
                            if not, then you need to use them on the stonehenge thing.
                            if yes, then just carry on searching the big castle, getting to the top

Comment

I've done that. And I couldn't get any firther in the castle. As there's like a couple of big jumps that mario just can't make.

*sniff*

How do I make the massive jumps?

Comment

i think i know which bit, are there some blue switches there too?
                                first gap you can get by easy with the first switch,
                                second one by kicking koopa to the second switch
                                third by jumping out the window to go around the gap

is that it?

Comment

Working...
                                X