No announcement yet.

Spinter Cell downloads now US and PAL - update 14/03/03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO, the Xbox has loads more blocks than 50,000. That's all that's shown. I have upwards of four CDs burned onto it, and a TON of games saves and such, and my system still shows 50,000 block available. Don't worry.

And Brats, when you go to load your save game (you know, the three save slots), on the top right you'll see an option for "Levels" I believe it's called (I'm at work, so this is just from memory). Highlight that, hit A, and then scroll down ot Kola Cell at the bottom. Hit A, and there you go.

Comment

Thanks JRM. I'm downloading it now. Everything seems to be working fine .

Comment

Very good. Just be prepared to have yer ass handed to you multiple times. If you thought the regular game was unforgiving, you ain't seen nuthin yet.

Comment

I don't know about that, the Xbox may have a 8GB HD but I thought it was partitioned for System, Gamesaves, and Soundtracks. 50000+ Blocks is purely for Saves and is not the full 8GB. As far as I know.

Comment

It's all pretty confusing. My modded Xbox has a ton of saved games, a couple of CD soundtracks and multiple gigs of homebrew programs, emulators and ROMs on the harddisc and it still shows as 50,000 blocks remaining. In fact, I've never seen an Xbox not say it has 50,000 remaining, what's the deal with that?

Comment

I have two gigs worth of Roms installed and it still says 50,000 remaining.

Comment

For those of you that don't have LIVE here's what your missing

There may not be a lot of new Xbox Live games on the way in the coming months, but upgrading existing titles has surely got to be the next best thing. The arrival of the Kola Cell mission for Splinter Cell on the Xbox Live servers on March 14 will mean two of the biggest games of 2002 (MechAssault being the other) have been refreshed and updated with new material. The standalone mission will arrive just in time for the launch of Xbox Live in Europe and will give anxious Splinter Cell fans a new dose of Sam Fisher so they won't feel neglected when the game arrives on PS2 in a few weeks.
                IGN had the chance to catch an early look at Kola Cell and we wanted to give you as much info as possible without ruining the experience. After all, it is only one level and not an entire game.

Kola Cell asks players to infiltrate a Georgian warehouse so that Sam Fisher can get to Philip Masse's computer terminal and get sample of the code he's using. If you recall Masse is the techno-geek Nikoladze is using to launch information attacks on the US in the game's main storyline. The timing of this mission as it relates to the main story isn't really made clear but it's certainly presented as an operation that could've been slotted into the main game at some point.

Sam has the Snake Eyes from GI Joes look going in this mission with the ninja/ski mask covering his head. The list of equipment includes the camera jammer, fiber optic camera, airfoil rings, sticky cameras, diversion cameras, sticky shockers and smoke grenades. This gear has been included for a reason and it is certainly in your best interest to use everything you've been given.

The mission has been cleverly designed for the advanced level player so all of you who've been hammering Splinter Cell consistently for the last four months will have a chance to put those skills to use immediately. Not only will you have the opportunity to do the split jump in Kola Cell, but there's a complicated mixture of light and dark areas and other booby traps to deal with. You also get to find data sticks and intercept messages from characters in the level and discover info in those emails that can be used to your advantage. The game's sense of humor has also stayed in tact on the way over through Xbox Live as evidenced by the sarcasm and bitterness of Masse and his cohorts.

Stealth will be at a premium in the Kola Cell, because there are enemies everywhere. Players will be challenged to find alternate routes throughout the level. Get used to climbing through air shafts. You'll be going through shafts the whole level. It's fun!

The Kola Cell is also filled with security measures. Retinal scans, infrared alarms aplenty, and did we mention there's lots of bad guys in there? Kola Cell is tough. Very tough. So if you haven't played through all of Splinter Cell, don't kid yourself into thinking you can survive Kola Cell. This is for expert players only. As it should be.

As we said, the new mission will be available for download, for free no less, on March 14. IGN will have plenty more on Splinter Cell, including future downloads in the months and years to come. For now, check out all the new screens and movies of Kola Cell by clicking the link below.

Comment

Thanks for that Tommy

May all your Hard drives fill to bursting and giveth you blue screen errors

On a serious note though : I do feel that updates like this should be made available outside of Live especially in the UK where BB availability is so limited. I understand that it provides a good selling point for Live but its not fair on us owners that want live but don't have the opportunity to get it.

Comment

Very true.

After all, people who can't get Xbox live as a result of the lack of BB in their area arguably deserve the extra single player content more than Xbox live users as they are missing out on the whole multiplayer scene. It's a bit of a bitch really, if you can't get broadband it seems MS (and now Sony) just don't want to know, in the UK at least this is a very poor situation.

Comment

Agreed.

Why they can't release a seperate DVD for the game/level at a small price i don't know. If they priced it right i think it would sell well.

homer j - Excellent use of smiles this one made me lol

Comment

Originally posted by Fire
                        If you can't get broadband it seems MS (and now Sony) just don't want to know, in the UK at least this is a very poor situation.
                        It is, and to me its a situation which MS and Sony must address as at current rates of expansion by BT vast areas of the UK will still not have BB by the end of both of these current consoles lives. Why they can't make it available on a DVD for a nominal price as tommy suggest is beyond me, or they could even make it available on magazine cover disks, like MS already do for XP service packs and such for the PC.

Gotta love the new smilies tommy, maybe we should use more in this thread though as its SC and all.

Comment

Ahh AHH gotta get my xbox live set back up! need this level!

Comment

Anyone completed it yet?

"huh?! what was that?"

Comment

Downloaded Kola Cell only took me about 5 mins! Didnt want to start playing though untill i complete the real game! Just done that now for Kola Cell.......................

Ill Be Back!

Comment

WOW its hard!

Ill be back to it later after a bit of capcom vs snk!

Comment

Working...
                                X