• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jus think of all the top quality games u could get for that $10000 o_O

Comment

this game sucks ass. neogeo fanbois are idiots

Comment

this is sick, $10.000 for a crap game....
        let's see what I should do with $10.000 , - if I had to spend it on a game, I think I'd buy a good working second hand ScudRacer twin cabinet AND a good second hand Ferrari F355 twin cabinet.
        Sounds much better to me than throw away all that money for something you are never gonna play..... or maybe I'm not DIE HARD enough to understand it...

Comment

I can't understand how a game can be so 'collectible'. Its a chunk of blinkin' plastic and circuits.

I wouldn't spend the money myself, but I can see why to some people having a dressing table that Henry V used or something like that is worth a lot of money. Its genuinely old and has genuine history.

But a game. A few years old. Thats crap.

The buyer wants shooting... eliminate him before he passes those bad genes on.

Comment

I can`t think of any greater proof that neogeo collectors are mostly rich idiots rather than the hardcore gamers they so want to be - to have a neogeo "collection" you need heaps of cash rather than some kind of refined taste and enthusiasm for games. I really feel genuinely upset for the guy who bought it.

I really do genuinely hope that the guy who bid is a friend of the guy who owns it, and that he bid on it for a laugh. Otherwise that is so depressing. Sometimes I think ebay was invented to make public mockery of the weak and stupid people of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish
              Why? The guys probably a nerdy 40 year old, overweight, myopic, with a hygeine problem and no doubt has never had a girlfriend in his life!
              See? Mother nature, has made him by his very existence, unable to breed.

Comment

Originally posted by otaku84
                Originally posted by Ish
                Why? The guys probably a nerdy 40 year old, overweight, myopic, with a hygeine problem and no doubt has never had a girlfriend in his life!
                See? Mother nature, has made him by his very existence, unable to breed.
                Not true, he has something that the ladies love: M.O.N.E.Y.

Comment

Not any more he doesn't

Comment

This isn?t aimed at anyone in particular, but personally I think all the insults towards this guy (and the idea of spending that money on a game) on various forums are pathetic (and a lot of the time stem purely from jealousy). If I had the money I wouldn?t spend it on that either but I don?t feel the need to make myself feel better about the fact by calling it sad and pathetic. I actually find it quite humbling that gaming and collecting can be taken that seriously. If well off folk can spend 12k on a vase to stare at on the shelf then why the hell can?t someone buy themselves a rare piece of SNK history to admire with their money. Good luck to the guy.

Comment

agree with a couple of members here

Big_Al - is definately right but i reckon there are moere than 50 knocking about - which company in hteir right mind would only producde 5 copies of a game and even 50 copies

maybe the neostore 500 items shipment was sunk by pirates

these are mostly in peoples lofts and they dont even know they have them or if they do probably dont think they are worth much

super monkey balls - yeah again - if this guy wants to spend this sort of money on a game its up to him - why does that make him retarded???

i love the neo geo and the most i have spent on 1 game is around the ?300 mark - if i want the more expensive ones i will try and get a conversion

heck i guess you can included big_al in teh bracket of daft spenders as he has some really pricey carts which include quiz chibi - he cant even speak japanese never mind play the game

no disrespect intended Big_al but what somebody wants to do with their own money - is their own business

Comment

Go on a trip to see how the "other half" live in this world, then ask yourself how much you think the games worth.

Madness.

Comment

Urgh with that sorta money being spent on a game i'd rather buy a sammy atomiswave machine and pick up guilty gear isuka,premier eleven, rumble fish, maximum speed, force five and dolphin blue. Then think future titles like metal slug 6 and sammy vs capcom :P yummy and he could then still afford to buy himself a bacon double cheeseburger make it super size and get a donut with it at bugerking speaking of which anyone know how much a atomiswave machine would cost 2nd hand? and if so how much would they be?

Comment

Regarding SuperMonkeyBalls post:
                            Fair enough its his cash to spend, but my reason for finding this funny, is not because he spent alot of money, but because he spent alot of money on something that is not fun to play, and the Japanese version can be bought for cheaper.

With games like RSG, Metal Slug and other high priced games, they are actually high quality games that are fun, or genuinely look good on a shelf, that doesnt.

Im not mocking the fact that people take gaming seriously, I wish more people would, but I find it strange that such an item has such a high collectability value.

I dont think Im jealous, I just think Ive missed the point somewhere.
                            Oh well, clearly I am not the collector I thought I was.

Comment

There's a cheaper alternative to any gaming collectable though. I guess it's just taking things to another level when you're that minted. It's collectable purely for the fact that it's THE rarest of the rare. I'd bet he has everything else in his collection that he wants, or he will sometime soon.

I'd have loved to have seen that go on eBay at 0.01 with no reserve, then we'd see what it's really worth. I'm not sure there'd be enough collectors with that sort of money to bump it to 12k.

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce
                                ...[I'd buy] a good second hand Ferrari F355 twin cabinet.
                                That sounds really cool! I'm quite interested... But I'm also quite poor!

I'm putting that on my Lottery Buy List!

Comment

Working...
                                X