No announcement yet.

What are you reading now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm reading a copy of Mythago Wood by Robert Holdstock at the mo - I love his book The Fetch, and Mythago Wood has a similar earthy feel, not least because it's a 1986 paperback edition of the book and smells just wonderful - I love that old book smell

Comment

Just finished Dave Gorman's America Unchained. Now on to Bret Hart's Autobiography.

Comment

Finished Divine Justice (which was superb) & now a few pages into The Gypsy Morph by Terry Brooks & loving it so far. It's quite nice to change genres & go from crime to fantasy - anyone else do the same?

Comment

After buying it over 3yrs ago I finally managed to start reading Gangsters and Goodfellas by Henry Hill, the guy who Ray Liotta played in Goodfellas. It follows on from where the film and book left off.

He talks about being in witness protection, having to be constantly moved around when the Mafia find where he is, going back to prison, his battle with drugs and constant womanising. It's a really interesting incite into his life and seriously funny in places as well.

Comment

Finally finished The Gypsy Morph which was utterly superb & now onto a CSI: Miami novel called Riptide by Donn Cortez which is quite entertaining so far.

Comment

Originally posted by funkydan View Post
              Blind Faith by Ben Elton, very good stuff - always liked his writing
              I just read that - liked it too in a modern-1984 kind of way.
              I've now gone back to try Stark as I hadn't read any of his other stuff.

So far I'm feeling that Ben Elton falls into the "I could have written that" category.

Comment

I got the 100 classic books for Ds. Loads of books I've always wanted to read. Have finished Tom Sawyer which was excellent and I'm now reading Alice in Wonderland. Treasure Island next.

Comment

What's it like reading on the DS?

Comment

Its alright, takes a bit of getting used to though. Its a lot quicker to use the buttons to turn page then their recommended use of a flick of the sylus. The only problems is that there is only two font sizes and the smallest can still on fit about a paragraph per page/screen. But that doesn't bother me that much, it just means you turn the page more often i guess. One nice touch is a selection of background sound effects such as a beach or forest which makes for a nice relaxing read.

Comment

Last few weeks or so i have finished David Gemmell's Rigante series, Clive Cusslers Arctic Drift and Michael Cordys - The Source

Now reading Stephen Hawkings - Brief history of time that my bro-in-law had finished. Not my usual sort of book, but i had nowt to read and tbh, I thought it would be completely over my head, but its actually a very well written book and i've almost finished it in 2 nights reading.

Theres no complicated formulaes to get your head round, and most subjects are covered with the layman in mind. A really interesting book that gives an insight into the creation of the universe and our place in it

Comment

Portent by James Herbert.

Comment

Now reading The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett & enjoying it so far. Not too many long fantasy type names for places/people etc, which is always a real plus for me.

Comment

Just been reading some of the Christian Jacq Osiris series. I'm interested in the egyptian themes and although the writing is quite poor, maybe due to the translation, I'm finding I'm hooked into the story.
                            Just started the Book Thief which was recommended by a friend who has always picked gems for me in the past.

Comment

My wife is nearing the end of The Book Thief and I read it recently, because my son was given it for Christmas and it has already become his favourite book. Funny, sad, characters you care about.

Comment

Just finished the last 2 books in the River God series by Wilbur Smith. Warlock and The Quest. Very good page turners and typical Smith books.

Starting the last Harry Potter when i go to bed ( when i have watched the Hulk on ITV 2). Not really sure i can be arsed to be honest as all the books since the Goblet of Fire have been ****e and bereft of ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X