No announcement yet.

Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought it was pretty good. Always going to be hard to do a remake of this type without continuity issues etc. JEO is great as Adama, but I wish he was in doing more Miami Vice

Neil.

Comment

Maybe I should give this another watch - I recently got the 2nd ep but haven't gotten around to viewing it.

I got bored last time because it seemed to be vanilla sci-fi, but perhaps I just wasn't in a Sci-Fi watching mood. The fact Sky will be showing it has renewed my interest - I will let you know

Regards
      Marty

Comment

I quite liked it. The whole reason that Galactica was using such out-dated looking tech was quite well explained by the museum tour-guide near the beginning. It ads an interesting twist to the original story; the cylons having a significant technological edge, and the humans flying by the seat of their pants, too afraid to use anything more than a ZX81.

The humanoid cylons made my eyes roll though. The ending was *so* cheesy. The old "invasion of the body snatchers" routine. Who's human, whos an alien, they could be anyone, anywhere... The cylon inplant in Batlar's brain was pretty cool though, and Batlar is far more interesting than the original "typical bad guy" from the original series.

The CGI scenes were awesome, the camera angles made it all look so realistic. Galactica also ripped it up when they loaded it with ammo. It seems like it throws a lot more firepower around than the original Galactica, which I think I remember only having 4 gun turrets on it.

Comment

I enjoyed the ending. Not knowing who a cylon is and who's a human will make for deeper drama and suspense, and less "oh there's a cool looking cylon" moments. The different classes of Cylon should make them interesting through out the series anyway.

Starbuck didn't quite have the same charisma as Dirk, but maybe things will pick up as the series progresses. The guy playing Apollo seemed quite wooden, but again, I'll reserve judgement as it *hopefully* evolves.

Comment

Originally posted by Square
            Give it up, Marty, Farscape aint coming back
            You are so wrong - filming has finished for a four part mini series that will be shown on Sci-Fi in the third quarter of this year.

Regards
            Marty

Comment

And you didn't think this bit of news deserved it's own thread? Dear god man, I could have skipped by without noticing it. Better come on BBC too.

[Acknowledges presence of God]

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
                Hang on, you mean the Sci-Fi channel is actually showing some Sci-Fi? That can't be right surely.

Where has this Cylons look like people thing come from btw?

I shall try and download this and check it out - I shall be most annoyed if it's dire in comparison to the dropped Farscape.

Regards
                Marty
                I think you will be very annoyed Marty. Farscape is without doubt the best sci-fi show in recent years. I can`t see anything else coming close to it for a while.

Life as a sci-fi fan is like being a beggar being thrown mere morsals of nourishment.

Comment

Well, so far I've only watched the first half of the first season of Farscape (I splurged and bought the season set), but so far I am not all that impressed. None of the characters, aside from Rigel, have appealled to me at all. Crichton is on the annoying side, Dargo is all bark with no bite, Aryn is hot but that's about all, and the blue woman... I forget her name... eh, I'm not getting her yet. The show is loved by too many people for it to not be good, so I know it's just me, and perhaps seeing the rest of the season and season two will help. Sometimes shows take a bit of time before they are hitting all cylinders. Babylon 5 and Firefly are rare exceptions of shows firing all thrusters from the first episode on.

Comment

Moodmon - You're right, it probably could use its own thread, though the news is a little bit old now. I only replied in here so I could rebuke Square's old post

kingston - I have indeed seen the new BSG now, as you'll see from later posts. I thought it wasn't too bad, but pailed in comparison to Farscape.

JRM - The whole thing with Farscape is that it doesn't take itself too seriously. The scripts are very clever, the character interaction is great, and the storylines are different. Stick with it as there are some cracking episodes.

Regards
                    Marty

Comment

The big deal with Farscape is that there's a point, and you can just about see it coming when, Crichton cracks. He almost completely changes from the science bod who did those calculations on Moya with some kind of chalk to an insane, crazy mad person. Some of the later episodes are indeed excellent...

Originally posted by spoiler
                      Personal highlights being the Clone Crichton arc (very well done) and the 'Looney Tunes' episode. Thought I turned to the wrong chanel when that came on.
                      Plus, Scorpious is simply teh man! Best bad guy I've seen on TV.

Comment

Scorpius is the nastiest most vile villain ever.

" Hello, John "

Comment

I always thought this guy was the epitome of slime...

Comment

The only problem being that I have no idea who the bloke at the bottom is. Yes, I am more familiar with the bloke in the gimp mask.

I mean, no wait... damnation!

Comment

That just means you need to watch more Babylon 5.

Comment

Babylon 5 = The show with the Russian bloke from Star Trek.

Well, I do need a system to remember all these shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X